Vice President, Scripted Production
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Currently, all employees are working remotely except for select roles that have an in office requirement. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our office re-openings will remain
contingent on the course of the COVID variants and federal, state and local safety guidelines and
recommendations. As we look forward, the majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup.
Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
THE ROLE: A+E Studios VP, Scripted Production (Los Angeles)
The VP, Scripted Production will manage pre-production/budgeting, production, post-production and production planning for development and active production slate for scripted episodic and movie formats for broadcast, streaming, and emerging platforms. This position reports to the Head of Production and will work closely with Production Finance, Post, Creative, BALA, Marketing, Risk/Safety, and others to maximize production value and ensure a successful delivery and premiere. *A&E Studios is an award-winning company and studio focused on diverse and inclusive storytelling.
This role will:
• Interface with creative to establish a symbiotic relationship from the earliest stages of project development.
• Provide notes on production concepts, casting, outlines and approve storylines for series to optimize the creative vision of each project.
• Work directly with both external producers and internal stakeholders as the main point of contact.
• Review and refine budgets, calendar & schedules, and manage the day-to-day production workflow for various genres and price points
• Create customized production plans based on recommended shooting locations, tax incentives, COVID restrictions, Safety, and union protocols for domestic and international projects of all sizes and scope.
• Problem-solve show issues with producers, production companies and Head of Production.
• Collaborate with Showrunners and internal leads to hire the best Above and Below-the-Line advocating for and collaborating with diverse talent and vendors.
• Utilize an entrepreneurial approach in working with all teams to streamline processes, innovate, and create efficiencies.
• Ensure a high level of quality control, cultural integrity, and authenticity throughout creative and production.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
YOUR STORY: ?
• A committed team player with 7+ years of experience in physical production at production company or network
• A strategic thinker and problem-solver able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at same time with fast-paced/fast-changing environment.
• Extensive domestic and international production experience including guild and union agreements in different regions.
• A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple productions simultaneously and travel quickly as needed.
• Must have expert level knowledge of ''industry standard'' programs (including MMB), emerging technologies, VFX, & Post Production.
• Willing to be adaptable and flexible working in off-hour schedules and travel as needed.
• Strong relationships with independent producers and show runners
• Excellent verbal and written skills, judgement, and demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to read the room and proceed with diplomacy.