Vice President, Production
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: A E Studios VP, Production- (Los Angeles)
Currently the A E Studios Production team is seeking a Production Executive responsible for overseeing all aspects of scripted production. The Production Department consists of physical production, production finance and post production and works with other A E Networks departments such as scheduling, marketing, and publicity to ensure a successful premiere of movies and/or series. This role will:
• Provide show coverage and management as a production executive on pilots, series, and 2-hour movies.
• Create and refine pilot and series budgets, including production workflow, calendar & schedules.
• Work with budgets and schedules for various genres and price points.
• Manage activities from initial green light and budgeting, through casting and crew hire, from production through delivery.
• Supervise hiring of line producers and key creative crew, work with show runners to find best options for overall creative vision.
• Ensure that every show runs according to FMNA standards.
• Work with line producers and production staff to streamline production processes and foster innovation.
• Research various shooting locations and track updated tax incentive information both domestically and abroad.
• Track national and international production trends and suggest potential shoot locations for both creative and financial goals.
• Interface with creative development on a production by production basis to establish a symbiotic relationship from the earliest stages of the show concept.
• Interact closely with Scripted Development, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance & Accounting, Production Finance, Operations, Marketing, and Publicity.
YOUR STORY: -
• 10 years TV production experience
• Extensive domestic and int'l production experience
• Knowledge of guild and union agreements
• Ability to supervise multiple productions simultaneously
• Hands-on experience and knowledge of emerging digital & post production technologies
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.