Vice President, International, L&Ba
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Vice President, International, L&BA (Remote)
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Division StoryOur global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit – supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other – we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO: VP, International, Legal & Business Affairs
This senior attorney position will oversee the legal support for A+E's international business consisting of joint ventures, program and trademark license and output arrangements and program sales. This position will support the International Division by focusing on channel partnerships, content licensing transactions and international compliance and regulatory matters across various A+ E business divisions while managing a global legal team to support this business. Responsibilities will include:
• Negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide variety of agreements related to A+E's International businesses for both A+E's owned and operated platforms, and third-party platforms and channels, including program license agreements and content licenses for various rights (linear and/or video-on-demand) with additional work related to international digital content licensing and distribution (e.g., streaming or mobile).
• Managing compliance with A+E's network of licensing arrangements across multiple regions and providing analysis of deals in order to respond to questions from the business.
• Overseeing a global team of attorneys and paralegals based in the UK, Asia and the US to support the legal needs of A+E's international business.
• Providing guidance to various A+E business divisions on various global regulatory matters (e.g., related to the requirements of the Office of Foreign Assets Control and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), monitoring and reporting on regulatory developments as well as helping take a leadership role in implementing internal policies and training related to such matters and obtaining regulatory approvals as needed.
• Counseling senior management and business staff on structuring, maintenance, and management of international joint ventures and partnerships including licensing of AETN-branded channels throughout Latin America and Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia (EMEA); and other international business development transactions, including potential channel and asset acquisitions.
• Working closely with L&BA colleagues (e.g., Rights and Clearances, Privacy, Corporate, etc.), other peers (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Tax, etc.) and senior management in performing the above responsibilities.
• Reporting to SVP & Associate General Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN: VP, International, Legal & Business Affairs
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to be involved in the legal work for distributing A+E content in different types of international business arrangements and ensure A+E business practices are compliant with all legal requirements. This role will contribute to the growth of A+E's International Division.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: VP, International, Legal & Business Affairs
• JD degree, admission to the Bar of a US state (or being based in London with appropriate equivalent qualification would also be considered)
• At least 12 years legal experience handling extensive intellectual property matters at a major law firm or at a media and/or technology company as in-house counsel with responsibility for handling transactions and other matters involving content sales and distribution
• Experience and knowledge in content licensing, linear and on-demand rights and distribution
• Must be able to work across various time zones, including USA, UK and Asia
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• People management experience
• Experience across both domestic and international jurisdictions, including US, UK and Asia
• Experience and knowledge inapplicable regulatory matters strongly preferred
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and drafting skills (including ability to offer creative solutions) and clear and effective communication skills
• Must be highly organized to be able to handle high volume of work in fast paced environment, detail-oriented and a team player
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative and make decisions
• Corporate and corporate development experience
CompensationAnnual Pay Range: $210,918 - $264,829Annual Incentive Target: 25.00%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.