Vice President, Global Content Sales
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Vice President, Global Content Sales (NY/LA)
THE ROLE: Vice President, Global Content Sales (NY/LA)
Reports to Executive Vice President, Global Content Sales and Business Development. Manage team responsible for sales, day-to-day partner management, and operational deliverables. Responsible for year-over-year growth of digital content licensing revenue and profitability
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Initiate, negotiate, and close distribution deals for rights to TV series, made for TV movies, and original digital content with OTT, Connected TV, Cable, Satellite, and Mobile platforms throughout a variety of business models, including, VOD, SVOD, and AVOD.
• Establish and enhance relationships with U.S. and global digital distribution partners, with the intention of maximizing potential sales of the company's IP.
• Provide direct input into ad-hoc global rights discussions and transactions.
• Identify new opportunities for sales as a result of new entrants, changing technology and/or delivery systems, etc. and develop sales strategies targeted specifically to address these specialized needs.
• In coordination with sales support, distribution and marketing, conceive, develop and implement product-packaging strategies that maximize incremental revenue opportunities.
• Contribute to improving infrastructure and processes to ensure optimization of library IP
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders internally to ensure company's interests are optimized
• Attend pertinent industry functions and markets to ensure the company's interests and objectives are properly represented.
• Work with Executive Vice President to develop creative packaging and pricing strategies.
• Perform other related duties as requested by management.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the A+E Networks' International team, you will learn all about what it means to be part of a key growth area for a global media portfolio that operates 80 channels in over 200 territories in 42 languages. Our global brands - among the strongest in the media business - include A&E; HISTORY; Lifetime; H2; FYI; Crime + Investigation; Blaze; Bio among others.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS]
• - 8+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
• Expertise of all digital platforms
• Experience selling and/or acquiring content for major streaming company, network or studio
• Experience selling content internationally
• Experience identifying and developing new business opportunities with commercial and strategic partners
• General knowledge of content distribution
• Ability to negotiate complex contracts
• Excellent communication, risk assessment and problem-solving skills
THE DIVISON'S STORY
If you watch our A E Networks brands, A&E, History and Lifetime among others, then you have seen the work of the Distribution team. Our networks would not air and be watched by millions of people without the expertise of the Distribution department. We are the team that negotiates and partners with Distributors to deliver our networks to their consumers and ultimately our viewers. We're also quick on our feet. As technology changes rapidly within the media landscape, impacting viewer behavior and traditional models, we pivot to deliver new solutions that extend our content, brand and reach through Video On Demand, TV Everywhere and mobile. While much of our work takes place behind the scenes, our results are out there for all to see.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Monetizing A+E Network's vast and growing television library of tens of thousands of hours is our sole mission. Our team manages partnerships with the most prolific digital video and social platforms and emerging newcomers, responsible for the changing manner in which consumers get content all over the world. We create new products, including immersive subscriptions services, innovative digital networks, and top-rated podcasts leveraging the powerful brands of A+E Networks. Our division thrives on the convergence of best in class storytelling, exciting new technologies, complex data and insights, and most importantly, consumer driven preferences and tastes.