Vice President, Global Content Sales
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 9:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Global Content Sales jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Global Content Sales postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Global Content Sales? Vice President, Global Content Sales (NY/LA)
THE ROLE: Vice President, Global Content Sales (NY/LA)
Reports to Executive Vice President, Global Content Sales and Business Development. Manage team responsible for sales, day-to-day partner management, and operational deliverables. Responsible for year-over-year growth of digital content licensing revenue and profitability
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Initiate, negotiate, and close distribution deals for rights to TV series, made for TV movies, and original digital content with OTT, Connected TV, Cable, Satellite, and Mobile platforms throughout a variety of business models, including, VOD, SVOD, and AVOD.
• Establish and enhance relationships with U.S. and global digital distribution partners, with the intention of maximizing potential sales of the company's IP.
• Provide direct input into ad-hoc global rights discussions and transactions.
• Identify new opportunities for sales as a result of new entrants, changing technology and/or delivery systems, etc. and develop sales strategies targeted specifically to address these specialized needs.
• In coordination with sales support, distribution and marketing, conceive, develop and implement product-packaging strategies that maximize incremental revenue opportunities.
• Contribute to improving infrastructure and processes to ensure optimization of library IP
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders internally to ensure company's interests are optimized
• Attend pertinent industry functions and markets to ensure the company's interests and objectives are properly represented.
• Work with Executive Vice President to develop creative packaging and pricing strategies.
• Perform other related duties as requested by management.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the A+E Networks' International team, you will learn all about what it means to be part of a key growth area for a global media portfolio that operates 80 channels in over 200 territories in 42 languages. Our global brands - among the strongest in the media business - include A&E; HISTORY; Lifetime; H2; FYI; Crime + Investigation; Blaze; Bio among others.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS]
• - 8+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
• Expertise of all digital platforms
• Experience selling and/or acquiring content for major streaming company, network or studio
• Experience selling content internationally
• Experience identifying and developing new business opportunities with commercial and strategic partners
• General knowledge of content distribution
• Ability to negotiate complex contracts
• Excellent communication, risk assessment and problem-solving skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.