Vice President, Creative Design
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
THE ROLE: VICE PRESIDENT, CREATIVE DESIGN
The Vice President of Creative Design will be responsible for overseeing all 360 Design initiatives, providing comprehensive creative and strategic design leadership across all A+E brands including HISTORY, A&E and Lifetime/LMN. The candidate will work closely with the Vice President of Print to determine the overall brand design look while maintain cohesive and consistent brand identifiers for all A+E brands, platforms, and extensions including fast channels, content sales verticals, studio led unscripted series from across the global footprint and various content platforms.
The successful candidate will have a strong creative point-of-view, passion for developing best-in-class work, a collaborative style, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry. While independent-minded and highly self-motivated, fostering a "team-first" environment, candidate must be well organized and have experience running an agency style graphics division with extension experience in motion graphic design.
include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee creative development of print, digital and motion design, ensuring all goals are met and creative quality meets a best-in-class standard.
• Partner with internal stakeholders across business units to elevate the brands and create a cohesive, consistent identity across all touchpoints.
• Ensure that teams deliver projects that are exceptional creatively and strategically driven.
• Create an environment of collaboration between motion and print design team, as well as brand creative teams.
• Understand the path of creative, ensuring it can travel effectively across all platforms and new business initiatives.
• Ensure design consistency across all brands, working closely with various other design groups within the company.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company while managing a large volume of projects.
• Research new talent and resources including designers, and other outside creatives.
• Keep abreast of new media and current design trends.
• Ensure projects meet deadlines and budgets.
• Minimum of 10 years of design experience within a television/cable network OR
• Minimum of 10 years of design experience within a design agency with at least 3 of
years working directly within television/cable network design
• Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully leading large creative teams.
• Knowledge of all aspects of design, print and digital production and post -production is essential
• Proven ability to develop and execute strategy-driven, high quality design
• Willingness to be hands-on when necessary, to problem solve quickly, and be a great partner along the way
• Strong point of view on all A+E Networks brands, and understanding of our audience across our product portfolio (i.e., History, Lifetime/LMN, A&E, Fast Channels, SVOD, Global Content Sales)
• Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision, proven ability to motivate and inspire a team
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to establish trust and rapport with brand marketing teams, various other internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and partners
• Proven track record of success within a fast-paced, deadline-drive, team-oriented environment where an ability to multi-task and be highly flexible is essential.
• Bachelor's degree desired