Vice President, Creative Affairs
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/2/2021 1:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Creative Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Creative Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Creative Affairs?
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: VP, Creative Affairs
A+E Networks has an amazing VP opportunity in Los Angeles managing the creative process for A+E Studios development of new scripted programming and, current scripted series programming production.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
VP, Creative Affairs
• Supervise production of programs and series; review and approve outlines, scripts, rough cuts, budgets and post-production
• Maintain high degree of knowledge of current events and trends
• Help manage a series and development slate
• Participate in notes meetings, giving feedback on projects
• Act as liaison between the Network Departments (Production, Publicity, Business Affairs, Casting, etc.) to streamline the flow of information. Manage the flow of information for projects in production and development.
• Create presentations for review in company-wide meetings, and presentations for conferences
• Help manage the dailies, outlines, scripts and rough cuts on shows given to them
• Review and discuss creative notes on all submitted creative materials
• Read and assess script submissions for potential new development
• Attend pitches, development & production meetings, press events, panels, testing, etc.
• Network with suppliers and develop new relationships in search of new creative material
• Track industry trade information on competitors and obtain competitive creative materials
• Attend showcases and performances in search of new talent
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity to work in a supportive environment with likeminded people. You'll learn that all ideas are welcome on our collaborative team.
• 15+ years of creative affairs and production experience in a major media environment
• Extensive relationships with top-level producers, content providers, and distributors
• Track record of success in development, program creation, and selling
• Strong leadership and motivational skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships
• Experience developing a diverse creative team on shows
• Experience managing outside producers; building credibility and strong working relationships
• Experience managing a slate of multiple television projects simultaneously
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.