Vice President, Business Intelligence
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Role: Vice President, Business Intelligence
During the past five years, A+E has transformed itself into a leading purveyor of original unscripted content, not only powering the traditional linear networks for which it's known (A&E, History, Lifetime) but also building a prolific global licensing program to take advantage of emerging digital distribution around the world. At the same time, it has deployed multiple direct-to-consumer services (Lifetime Movie Club, History Vault, Crime Central) that allow it to craft end-user experiences that are unique to its content library.
A+E's Global Content Sales (GCS) division is at the forefront of each of these initiatives and will continue to drive the Company's growth in these non-traditional activities. Lines of business within GCS include:
• global linear content licensing
• global digital content licensing (TVOD, SVOD, AVOD and FAST channels)
• operation of direct-to-consumer services
• management of owned-and-operated linear channels
• administration of program license agreements (PLAs) to linear channels and associated joint ventures
• non-U.S. co-productions and acquisitions
In this newly conceived role, the Vice President, Business Intelligence represents the lead architect of the division's data-driven approach to decisions. This will manifest in the form of regular reporting on the health of more than 10 individual business lines, valuation of existing content within the A+E library, projections of revenue against prospective content, and assessments of demand for A+E's own consumer-facing services.
More About What You'll Do
• Gather data, develop predictive models and perform advanced analyses that inform strategic decisions across all of A+E's GCS business unit, including:
• geographic market entry
• content licensing/valuations
• subscriber acquisition
• partnership design
• Serve as ''editor-in-chief'' of GCS' operational reporting on each of its lines of business.
• Collaborate with Research to ensure integrity of data definitions and with Technology to develop and maintain systems that support commercial decisions.
• Work closely with business leads on developing data-driven positions in negotiating with current and prospective partners.
• Support the development of qualitative/quantitative business plans to propose the launch of new business lines within A+E.
• 10+ years' experience working in highly quantitative roles (preferably in a consumer-facing business context)
• deep expertise with R, Python, SQL, SAS or other statistical analysis software
• leadership experience in the design of new models using qualitative (rather than explicit quantitative) input from colleagues
• track record in non-U.S. territories is a plus
• excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills, with comfort in presenting to senior management
• hands-on work ethic; a predisposition for ''getting things done'' while taking a collaborative approach
• strong personal character that embraces honesty and transparency while serving as a champion of the greater business
• passion for technology as applied to the media business