A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: UAT Technician (Temporary)
This position is a key player in the Content Services & Operations team based in Stamford, CT.
This role is responsible for authoring technical requirements associated with vendor on-boarding & engagement, including change requests, new technology solutions' integration and metadata transformation support on behalf of the Enterprise. In addition, they be responsible for the end-to-end user acceptance testing and technical support with our distribution vendors.
This role is in direct support of content distribution to A E's digital properties including AVOD, Amazon Prime Video Direct, Video-on-Demand, TV Everywhere, Download-To-Own, SVOD, OTT, AVOD, International Programs Sales/Channel Partners and others, and will function as a key contributor, subject matter expert and a valued teammate within a highly talented and motivated Content Distribution Services team.
The CDS team provides distribution services including metadata management and curation, dynamic ad-insertion, encoding and media preparation, quality control, content packaging and high-speed delivery of A E Networks' programming across global platforms. This role will drive innovation and maintain a ''best-in-class'' high quality standard for the digital distribution operations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for performing extensive product evaluation and proof-of-concept testing.
• Establish and support a strong partnership as a technical liaison to our internal Operations, Technology, Engineering & Digital Media teams to evaluate and test new technologies and workflow changes.
• Identify, document and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to management and colleagues, escalating to Technology teams and Engineering as needed.
• Responsible for the research and development of technical requirements, including metadata UAT, for new partner on-boarding, change/new feature requests related to our current publishing workflows.
• Establish and support a strong partnership as a technical liaison to our distribution partners, technology teams, engineering and digital teams; to implement new technologies, resolve partner issues, and maintain minimal disruptions.
• Work directly with distribution partners and clients to resolve issues, satisfy delivery obligations and execute changes to our digital footprint in a dynamic environment
• Responsible for assisting internal stakeholders in understanding how they can apply new product features and enhancements to align with their business goals.
• Responsible for administering key training and cross-team engagement activities to assist team members with publishing workflow support and enhancements.
• Responsible for all partner and publishing workflow related technical support.
• Responsible for supporting the Metadata & Publishing team with any manual or unsupported metadata related tasks.
• Identify, document and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to Management and colleagues, escalating to Technology teams and Engineering as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• College Degree Preferred, (Communications or Engineering)
• 5-7 years of studio, media supply chain and/or digital distribution experience, preferably running content operations for a video distributer.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely.
• Comfortable approaching new technologies and workflows.
• Excellent client services skills. Friendly can-do attitude, ability to stay calm under pressure and strong relationship builder.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with distribution partners and management across all levels of the organization.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multi-task and time management skills in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
• Strong working knowledge of metadata, XML transformation, media, asset movement, storage, sequencing and naming conventions.
• Flexible and adaptable with an appetite for implementing positive change, keen problem-solving abilities. Self-starter who proactively identifies and structures opportunities and projects
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.