Technology Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Technology Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs
A+E Networks has an open position in New York for a transactional technology and data privacy attorney, supporting various A+E business divisions, including Technology, Engineering, and Operations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of technology transactions, including: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and other cloud subscriptions; MSAs and SOWs for all manner of managed services, staff augmentation, and other project-based or time-and-materials-based outsourcing; and on-premise software licenses, equipment purchases, and related maintenance and support.
• Draft and negotiate data privacy and security provisions in vendor and partner transactions, company-wide, with particular regard to shifting legal privacy frameworks (e.g., GDPR and CCPA) and evolving security threats.
• JD from an accredited law school, and member in good standing of New York State Bar.
• Minimum 5 years of legal experience, with preference given to prior experience in the entertainment and/or technology fields.
• Experience negotiating both legal and business terms in complex transactions across a very wide range of technologies.
• Proven track record negotiating customer-side interests against large vendors with greater leverage.
• Knowledge of domestic and international data privacy and security legal frameworks.
• Exceptional ability to draft clear, precise agreement language, without over-relying on pre-existing templates.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated team player, able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment, to take initiative and make decisions, and to be strategic and offer creative solutions.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Much like medieval knights, our Legal and Business Affairs team protects the livelihood of the kingdom. We're the forgers of iron-clad contracts, overseers of content production and defenders of intellectual property rights. Given the competitive nature of our industry, collaboration and attention to detail are traits we highly prize, and you should value and match those attributes. Also, you should have a POV and enjoy staying tuned in to new commercial developments.