Technical Engagement Supervisor
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 2/24/2021 8:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Technical Engagement Supervisor jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Technical Engagement Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Engagement Supervisor? THE ROLE: Technical Engagement Supervisor Temp
The Supervisor of Technical Engagement will join a team of highly motivated business professionals to perform the systems administration & configuration functions, as well as perform end-to-end qualification and user acceptance testing in support of A+E Networks' non-linear distribution of programming across global platforms and high-profile digital partners. This includes DTO, VOD, TVE, AVOD, OTT, SVOD, Brand Sites and cross-platforms apps and devices, both domestically and internationally.
This person will be focused on driving new media technologies & workflows, as well as optimizing existing processes for the Content Distribution Services (CDS) team in support of both internal and external partners & clients. Though technically minded, this individual will also work collaboratively with non-technical teams throughout the division to assess business needs and help deliver solutions.
Flexibility for nights & weekends are required, as they are expected to be a level of support for near 24-hour teams.
More About What You'll Do
• Act as primary liaison between CDS, Engineering, and EMS teams as related to projects & BAU workflows across the supply chain (post-production, transcoding, qc, delivery)
• Capture business requirements from CDS partners, liaising with internal tech teams to scope and implement solutions
• Responsible for the workflow builds within video encoding technologies (Alchemist, Telestream Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, and Compressor, etc.)
• Evaluation of Quality Control Tools to maintain industry standards and best practices (GreyMeta, Vela, CaptionMaker)
• Experience with Evaluation and roll-out of digital delivery protocols & technologies (FTP, SFTP, Aspera, Signiant, Orchestrator)
• Track performance & BAU processes with external vendors to ensure they meet SLA requirements.
• Facilitate testing & vetting of new technical workflows
• Manage day-to-day technical relations with vendors (onboarding new vendors & clients, resolving technical issues or roadblocks)
• Coordinate time sensitive technical projects end-to-end for the CDS team
• Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to drive projects to completion
• BAU Workflow Management and engagement with the Encoding Supervisor/Manager, as well as the Delivery Supervisor/Manager
• Monitor growing cloud media archive, tracking errors and troubleshooting for internal CDS team, as well as internal Engineering and EMS teams
• Persistently strive to optimize and exploit efficiencies across the CDS supply chain
• Assist in the speedy resolution of technical questions from the internal teams as well as vendors & clients
What You'll Learn
This role offers the opportunity to work on projects aimed at adopting cutting edge technologies to support A+E Networks and push the boundaries of what's possible in today's evolving world of digital content and media.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 3-5 years of experience at a broadcast or digital media company in an operation or technically focused role
• Experience in a business or client facing role
• Firm understanding of the broadcast media supply chain and technical standards including post-production, transcoding, QC, and delivery
• Working knowledge of cloud providers, such as AWS, and basic cloud principles
• Ability to interpret and communicate technical specifications to non-technical personnel
• Experience leading or contributing to time sensitive projects
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
• Proactive work ethic while maintaining a keen focus on accuracy in a detailed oriented workflow a must.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills a must, in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture.
• Passion for new technology and a desire to work in the entertainment/media industry.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.