SVP, Global Content Sales
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SVP, Global Content Sales (NY/LA)
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we're fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered ''yes'' (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Monetizing A+E Network's vast and growing television library of tens of thousands of hours is our sole mission. Our team manages partnerships with the most prolific digital video and social platforms and emerging newcomers, responsible for the changing manner in which consumers get content all over the world. We create new products, including immersive subscriptions services, innovative digital networks, and top-rated podcasts leveraging the powerful brands of A+E Networks. Our division thrives on the convergence of best in class storytelling, exciting new technologies, complex data and insights, and most importantly, consumer driven preferences and tastes.
THE ROLE: Senior Vice President, Global Content Sales
Reports to Executive Vice President, Global Content Sales and Business Development. Lead sales function and team, strategic partner management, and operational deliverables. Responsible for year-over-year growth of digital content licensing revenue and profitability.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead, manage and develop a content sales team responsible for the distribution of A+E's content and IP.
• Participate in the development of content distribution strategy
• Initiate, negotiate, and close content sales deals for rights to TV series (unscripted and scripted), made for TV movies, documentary series, independent films and original digital content with OTT, Connected TV, Cable, Satellite, Mobile and Education platforms throughout a variety of business models, including, VOD, SVOD, AVOD, and Electronic Sell-Through (EST).
• Identify new opportunities for sales as a result of new entrants, changing technology and/or delivery systems (e.g FAST Channels). Develop sales strategies targeted specifically to address these specialized needs.
• Set sales and revenue goals across multiple Global Content Sales lines of business including, SVOD, AVOD, FAST, EST
• Establish and enhance relationships with U.S. and global digital distribution partners, with the intention of extending A+E's brands and products outside of the US market and maximizing potential sales of the company's IP.
• Work with Programming, Finance and Strategy divisions to quantify potential sales of new and ongoing programming initiatives
• Coordinate workflows of shared support departments (Legal, Distribution Operations, Marketing, Technology, Research and Analytics, Communications, etc.) to ensure compliance and optimization of content sales partnerships
• Provide direct input into ad-hoc global rights discussions and transactions.
• In coordination with sales support and marketing, conceive, develop and implement content packaging strategies that maximize incremental revenue opportunities.
• Contribute to improving infrastructure and processes to ensure optimization of library IP
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders internally to ensure company's interests are optimized
• Attend pertinent industry functions and markets to ensure the company's interests and objectives are properly represented.
• In coordination with the Executive Vice President, develop, implement, and achieve the annual sales budget
• Coordinate pricing and packaging strategies with Executive Vice President, President, and Head of Strategy
• Work closely with other senior management in other areas of the company to analyse and anticipate the financial and strategic ramifications of major deals and transactions.
• Perform other related duties as requested by management.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the A+E Networks' International team, you will learn all about what it means to be part of a key growth area for a global media portfolio that operates 80 channels in over 200 territories in 42 languages. Our global brands - among the strongest in the media business - include A&E; HISTORY; Lifetime; H2; FYI; Crime + Investigation; Blaze; Bio among others.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS]
• - 10+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience; MBA preferred
• Prior experience leading and managing a team
• Expertise across all digital platforms
• Experience selling and/or acquiring content for major streaming company, network or studio
• Experience selling content internationally
• Experience identifying and developing new business opportunities with commercial and strategic partners
• General knowledge of content distribution
• Ability to negotiate complex contracts
• Excellent communication, risk assessment and problem-solving skills