SVP, Development & Programming
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/23/2021 5:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for SVP, Development & Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all SVP, Development & Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a SVP, Development & Programming?
Full Time Job
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Original Programming (Network and Studio)
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
THE ROLE: SVP, Development & Programming
A+E Networks has an amazing SVP opportunity in New York providing creative leadership and support to the Lifetime Non-Fiction & Alternative Programming team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
SVP, Development & Programming:
• Oversees the development and production processes, both original & acquired, for all unscripted programming.
• Provides leadership and creative direction to the entire programming process.
• Is responsible for a broad range of program development activities that provide a pipeline of new programming content to the network.
• Creates program development vision and master plan to develop, produce and/or acquire rights to original programming.
• Directs the development and production of all unscripted programming, (i.e. series, specials) to deliver on the brand vision.
• Represents the network as a senior programming executive, continuously seeking to expand the company's visibility and brand as a major player in the development of new original programming.
• Facilitates strong relationships in the creative community to attract scripts, talent, programming concepts and properties that will enhance the channel's lineup and library.
• Supervises the development of original programming; recommends appropriate talent; oversees a variety of concurrent projects; supervises budgets.
• Act as catalyst for the development of creative ideas from the group.
• Engages talent, independent producers and agents in constructive and successful productions. Ensures that the program development and production processes proceed smoothly and efficiently; liaises with producers and staff on all of the creative, technical and financial aspects of new production. Further, has a keen understanding of the financial impact of any given project.
• Maintains alertness to potential programming acquisitions and ideas from many sources; options material; pays particular attention to fresh concepts and programming trends which will expand the network's audience base and increase revenues.
• As necessary, works in close concert with the GM, CEO and/or the business affairs department to negotiate acquisitions, story rights, and close deals with producers, writers, directors and above-the-line talent.
• Understands and utilizes research to identify opportunities to create programming that strengthens viewership, enhances the brand, attracts advertisers, and broadens the network's appeal to a more diverse demographic.
• Coordinates with the marketing, research and distribution departments to assist in the development of successful marketing plans and promotions to amplify new programs and formats.
• Leads a cross-functional team, which meets regularly, to develop define, maintain and develop the A&E network brand.
• Manages and motivates a team of programming professionals
• Attends appropriate industry functions and markets; participates on panels, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Work with Head of Programming on long-range planning, network goal-setting and execution
• Cross-functional leadership with access and input into top level strategic discussions for the brand and the company
• Tight partnership and collaboration with scripted team with projects that can be explored in both genres
• Education: BA/BS ; Desired: MFA
• The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and producing hit series across a variety of genres including unscripted, specials and series.
• The ideal candidate will have established relationships with independent producers, directors, writers, agents, talent, and the creative community in general.
• This individual will be a seasoned programming executive who most likely emanates from a major studio, independent production company, national broadcast or cable network (with additional experience in International and Acquisitions). Will possess advertiser supported programming experience.
• At least 10 Years of Programming experience, with a minimum of 4 Years at a VP level or higher.
• Must have great presentation skills and communication skills. The ideal candidate for this position will be a strong creative executive with a strategic mind-set.
• Should be a provocative, creative thinker who will act as a catalyst for the creative process within the network. The candidate will have the vision necessary for formulating and carrying out an overall programming plan. The ability to sell ideas and to accomplish goals directly and through others is key. This person's strong interpersonal skills will enable him/her to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities, styles and creative dispositions.
• Must possess the professionalism, integrity, intellect and presence required to rapidly establish credibility within the organization and serve as a highly-visible and regarded representative of the network within the entertainment community.
• This individual will have the ability to manage change, balance the challenges of the cable television business, and inspire and motivate others.
• Must be self-directed, highly-energetic and able to deal with the pressures of the competitive entertainment marketplace.
• Must embody a passion for the industry and a shared interest in and commitment to the goals and direction of the company as it grows and expands.
• Finally, the successful candidate will be characterized by high integrity and sound judgment.