Summer Intern - Studios Creative Affairs
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
THE ROLE: Summer Internship 2019- A E Studios Creative Affairs (Los Angeles)
A E Studios Creative Affairs is seeking a Summer Intern who is excited to learn about and experience the television production process from a Studio perspective. A E Studios is responsible for creating scripted programming for the networks under the A E Networks brand as well as for outside networks. The selected candidate will work with the Studios' Creative Affairs team as they follow the production of scripted programming from start to finish.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Summer Internship 2019- A E Studios Creative Affairs (Los Angeles)
We are seeking an ambitious Intern to support the team with various day to day administrative tasks as well as:
• Observe the A E Studios executives and staff as they make creative, financial and production-based decisions.
• Learn the production process from development of a script through completion of production. Includes attending internal meetings and reviewing creative and production documents.
• Read and review incoming materials (scripts, books, articles and formats), write coverage, maintain submission logs, view dailies and rough cuts, and listen in on notes calls.
• Conduct research pertaining to current, development, and potential projects, including identifying areas of interest for development.
• Prepare and maintain the department's Current and Development reports and Writer & Director staffing lists.
• Shadow Creative Affairs Coordinators to learn about all administrative tasks associated with supporting Studio Executives and provide desk coverage for Coordinators as needed.
• Work collaboratively or independently as needed.
• Possess exceptional organizational skills, proper phone etiquette, and a professional attitude.
• Candidate must be a college undergraduate who is entering their sophomore, junior or senior year in 2018 and preferably have a GP of 3.0 or higher.
• Student must have an interest in the industry and/or a specific area of interest through past work experience, internships, and/or major course of study.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media are strongly preferred.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
'' THE DIVISON'S STORY
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.