Summer Intern - Broadcast Operations
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.
While being exposed to Broadcast Operations and our 10 Networks, the Intern will learn by doing and provide additional support during the busy Summer months. The Intern will walk through the process of Broadcast-Log scheduling and delivery. He/She will have the opportunity to view Program assets from QC to their final playout on the Transmission Server.
• PGM QC- to do both Ins/Outs and Real-time QC of Premiere and Revised Programs scheduled in AETN Primetime. Working on the TX Server to locate and validate newly ingested PGM elements for content, duration and proper Broadcast Specification.
• Airschedule/Log Finalization and Validation- Working in Wide-Orbit and Pebble Beach to finalize, complete, validate and electronically deliver Broadcast-Logs as needed for Broadcast Automation. • Digital Delivery and QC- Working in the Digital Delivery area managing the movement and QCing of spots so they are available for air accurately. Alerting our partners if these spots need to be resent or corrected due to issues in delivery or content.
On-Air Graphics: Learning how various graphic elements for broadcast are delivered, QCed, scheduled, and played-out On-Air.
The ability to learn new things and communicate issues clearly when problems arise is a key to this candidate's success.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Rising junior, senior student currently enrolled at an accredited college/
university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media are strongly preferred
• The ability to learn new things and communicate issues clearly when problems arise is a key to this candidate's success.