Youtube Strategist, A&E
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
THE ROLE: YouTube Strategist, A&E
Do you fancy yourself an A&E channel buff? Have you seen every episode of Live PD, wish you could hang with Brandi and Jarrod, and quote old episodes of Beyond Scared Straight? Do you want to run your own mini-business? The YouTube Strategist, A&E will work with a Preditor partner to strategize and develop revenue centric video content to live across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, IGTV and more.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
YouTube Strategist, A&E Job Description:
• Oversee all AVOD revenue driven content creation and release strategy across YouTube, Daily Motion, Facebook Watch, Twitter, and Snapchat.
• Partner with Preditor to strategically greenlight content (scene lifts/mash-ups/compilations) to maximize revenue and support linear priorities
• Work with production and programming partners to determine if there are opportunities to adjust and maximize supplier short-form
• Internal point of contact for all business needs related to brand content on distribution platforms (programming, linear, digital, legal, etc)
• Strategic scheduling strategy for maximum visibility of content
• Linear coordination (snipes to platforms, ensuring alignment with linear priorities)
• Community management
• Partner with Senior Manager of Analytics to propose A/B testing of content types and publishing cadence
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll act as a mini-GM of your business. You will be given a revenue goal, access to data, hours and hours of content and editing resources. You'll develop a content and promotional strategy for A&E's digital video and prove that digital videos can make money.
• 4 – 6 years experience working with digital video strategies at the brand/publishing level.
• Solid understanding of analytics with a successful track record of using data to make content decisions
• Solid understanding of entertainment content consumption on social and digital platforms
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Must be able to prioritize, handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines.
• Self-motivated, extremely detail oriented and independent worker with strong track record of cross functional collaboration
• Excellent social media and digital literacy, particularly online video and video production
• Deep knowledge of A&E brand and content
• Passion for pop culture and television
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.