Sr. Research Analyst
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2019 9:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Research Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Research Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Research Analyst? ''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend much of our time looking back at performance - and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.
THE ROLE: SR. RESEARCH ANALYST,
The Sr. Research Analyst, will be an important member of A+E Networks' Multiplatform & Distribution Research team and responsible for reporting and distributing insights based on the ever-growing volume of data available from our content partners. The person in this role will focus on evaluating methodologies, data quality and best analytics practices that will help advance A+E's data capabilities.
This individual will also work directly with A+E's Distribution Sales and Marketing team members to provide actionable insights with the goal of maximizing AETN subscribers across MVPDs, VMVPDs, SVOD and other platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Provide analysis, insights and reporting to the A+E Distribution Sales and Marketing teams with the goal of maximizing A+E subscribers across traditional and emerging Pay TV platforms.
• Create and maintain key reports and fulfill requests based on A+E Networks multiplatform viewing performance.
• Serve as a key point person within the A+E research department on cross-platform and total audience performance and measurement.
• Assist in developing new tools and dashboards demonstrating A+E performance across all partner platforms for sales and analytical purposes.
• Collaborate on custom projects to gain a better understanding on how A+E viewers are consuming content and how the expansion of content availability affects core network performance
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 2+ years in television research at a cable network, pay TV provider, broadcast network, ad agency or research firm
• College graduate
• Strong knowledge of Nielsen data and television research and specific industry software: e.g. Nielsen N-Power and comScore OnDemand Essentials
• Knowledge of digital analytical tools (e.g. Adobe) desirable
• Experience working with large data sets
• Solid analytical and communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of learning how to use new data sets and tools quickly
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• A strong understanding of the current television landscape and passion for the evolving television industry
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.