Sr. Manager, Production and Studio Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Manager, Production and Studio Operations serves as a technical manager for live, studio, Six West Media and other productions and events at A+E Networks. This position provides technical oversight, support, solutions, troubleshooting, and an in-house technical resource for A+E.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Studio and tech manager for Studio 7E productions. Ensure all studio operations are functioning as planned. Maintain SOP's and documentation for the studio in concert with the engineering department. Manage studio crew and help operate technical gear as needed (audio mixers, video switchers, cameras, etc.). Serve as a customer service point person for Studio 7E. Prepare studio recorded media for various enterprise fulfillment: editing, distribution, and archive. For live shows, be a point person for the Stamford mastercontrol facility for transmission issues and any broadcast fixes for night-of repeats and west coasts feeds.
• Tech manager for remote productions, on-site and off-site corporate events. Corporate events can include: upfronts, ad sales meetings, town halls, special speakers or branded events to support a network or show (ie History Talks or HCon). Remote productions can include supporting Six West Media and other shows. Also, be available to manage crews and help to operate technical gear as needed (audio mixers, video switchers, cameras, etc.).
• Advise A+E on the technical aspects of productions. Represent A+E and liaise with production companies to ensure consistent operations and communication.
• Research and manage all Studio 7E and remote equipment and applications as it relates to keep the A+E Production Operations team ahead of the technical curve. Coordinate with engineering and vendors as needed.
• Studio 7E administrative oversight for office and building related tasks; security, temperature control, freight elevator use, cleaning, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Problem Solver: must be able to ''think on your feet'' and collaboratively create solutions with many other people from other departments and divisions under pressure with limited time
• Decision-making and autonomy are keys to this role. You will be working often without any other management present and must have great instincts and quick-thinking ability for troubleshooting and resolution in order to achieve success
• BA or BS in Communications or equivalent vocational education
• Ability to work flexible hours, per production needs
• 5-7 years production technical management experience with a concentration on studio environments and an oversight of live events on all phases of the production process
• Working knowledge of various studio and remote audio, video, capture, and playback equipment as well as some post –production equipment
• Ability to partner with various production clients to establish requirements and guide solutions
• Proven management and organizational skills and an appreciation for workflows and process
• Personable yet professional demeanor, must be customer service focused
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.