Sr. Director, Development
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2023 5:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Director, Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Director, Development postings
Full Time Job
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Division StoryA E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
THE ROLE: Senior Director, Development
Reporting to the Head of Development, the Senior Director, Development for A+E Factual Studios is a creative, collaborative thinker who is excited to develop for the unscripted television marketplace. This role is for someone who can think big to help run the day-to-day of the development team and set the group up for success long term.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Run weekly pitch meetings with the Category6 team
• Liaise with Head of Development and provide latest brand priorities to Category6 team for development needs
• Lead and handle the legal aspects for Category6 as it relates to development (i.e., development deals, talent deals, etc.)
• Oversee paid network development with oversight of editorial and staffing
• Work with Head of Development to manage the development budget
• Act as key conduit between Studio and Brand Development SVP
• Manage brainstorms with the networks and pitches regularly
• Lead Category6 development team and handle day-to-day management
• Assist with development ideas for external buyers
• BA/BS Degree.
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience in unscripted/documentary television development and production. Experience working on an unscripted/documentary television show is a plus.
• Must be a skilled writer, who can work quickly under a deadline.
• Strong communication and organizational skills are essential.
• Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Must have experience overseeing an editor, working on sizzles, rip reels and development presentations
• Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and suppliers.
• Ability to manage, give direction to and prioritize for a team.
• Experience working with talent agents/agencies a plus
• Passion for TV and pop culture.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a small team
CompensationAnnual Pay Range: $138,563 - $185,399Annual Incentive Target: 20.00%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.