Specialist, Accounts Receivable
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Specialist, Accounts Receivable
The Specialist is responsible for maintaining the financial portion of the Advertising and Affiliate Billings systems and Accounts Receivable system. This includes the accurate and timely processing of invoices and cash receipts and to support the informational and reporting needs of Finance, Advertising/Distribution Sales, Legal and Affiliate Administration departments
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Day to Day cash entry, reconciliation and application of cash receipts for all networks across linear ad sales and distribution sales
• Updating subs and maintaining accurate representation of billing data on the Affiliate side of the business
• Bulkload to process payments and update subscriber counts
• Creating and processing adjustments memos for various reasons, which includes, but not limited to, returned checks, residual debit/credit balances and foreign tax withholding
• Assist in the research of discrepant invoices, unapplied payments and provide support to Collection efforts
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Aging reports
• Any and all additional projects and responsibilities as deemed necessary, which includes, but is not limited to, working with members of the IT support teams for SAP, WideOrbit and SCRIBE to identity and resolve system related issues.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Associates Degree or College coursework in Accounting
• A high level of computer literacy. Needs to be a proficient user within financial systems – previous use of SAP desirable. Must be competent in the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word and Outlook.
• 3 years minimum working in a finance department is essential, preferably in an Accounts Receivable role.
• Must be able to take direction, think independently yet be able to function effectively as part of a team; must be effective in time management and must adhere to established deadlines. Must be flexible and able to keep up with changes as they happen
Communication and influencing skills
Good analytical skills
Drive for results
Ability to learn and adapt
Ability to work under pressure
Approach to Work:
Positive and enthusiastic
Professional and reliable
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.