Social Media Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
THE ROLE: Social Media Manager
Reporting to Sr. Director Social Media, the social media manager is responsible for ensuring brand consistency, posting frequency and community management across all assigned social media pages for Lifetime and LMN. This position will also manage social media strategy for all assigned series and network pages, coordinating assets and assuring strategic scheduling and posting. This position requires the individual to stay current on changes to the social media landscape and industry platform updates and new techniques in consumer-facing social media strategies, current events and editorial trends.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Social Media Manager:
• Community Management/Strategy
• Work with social media associates to create and maintain strategic social media launch plans for brand and programming initiatives
• Oversee social media associates daily content calendars across all platforms ensuring brand consistency and accuracy
• Support all internal priorities and initiatives as dictated by Marketing department
• Live posting content strategy during premiere episodes as needed
• Obtain and set up initial social media pages for shows in conjunction with programming launches
• Work directly with talent and/or talent reps to provide promotional materials and social support
• Request talent and network page verifications
• Travel to shoots and on-set locations to capture content
• Respond to all unanswered fan questions that were sent for a response and escalate larger trends and insights as necessary
• Update and maintain correct responses to fans in the FAQ database based on scheduling, press announcements and trends -
• Ideate & pitch innovative creative strategies for brand/show campaigns
• Compile a list of all creative (AV and print) prior to a series premiere
• Compile requests for on-air/photo shoots with talent
• Light creative work in Photoshop to edit social templates used on social platforms
• Seek out or request relevant production creative, including behind-the-scenes, extras, sneak peeks, etc.
• Analyze competitive landscape for social media and make suggestions for new vendors and platforms
• Measure success of creative assets and posts to ensure maximum visibility and engagement -
• 3+ years prior work experience is preferred, particularly with entertainment marketing and social media community management
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, business, communications or a related field from an accredited college or university required
• This position requires superior communication and organization, strong writing skills, innovative approach, professionalism, attention to detail as well as a passion for entertainment and digital media and development
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.