Social Media Manager, A&E
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2020 4:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Manager, A&E jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Manager, A&E postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Manager, A&E? ''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
The A&E Social Media Manager is responsible for ensuring brand consistency, posting frequency and community management across all assigned social media pages. This individual will also manage social media strategy for all assigned series and network pages, coordinating assets and assuring strategic scheduling and posting. It is imperative that the A&E Social Media Manager understands social media platforms, has a knowledge of the A&E show lineup and a passion for Entertainment. This includes A&E's hit series, LIVE PD and LIVE RESCUE which will require some in-office nightly coverage. This individual should also understand social metrics plus stay current on changes to the social media landscape, industry platform updates and new techniques in consumer-facing social media strategies. Up-to-date on current events and editorial trends is a plus. The A&E Social Media Manager should also be comfortable working with on-screen talent and covering network events.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Work with social media team to create and maintain strategic social media launch plans for brand and programming initiatives
• Oversee social media daily content calendars across all platforms ensuring brand consistency and accuracy
• Support all internal priorities and initiatives as dictated by department managers
• Live posting content strategy during premiere episodes, including in-office nightly and/or weekend coverage of A&E's Live Programming
• Obtain and set up initial social media pages for shows in conjunction with programming launches
• Work directly with talent and/or talent reps to provide promotional materials and social support including talent verification requests and travel to capture content
• Respond to all unanswered fan questions that were sent for a response and escalate larger trends and insights as necessary
• Update and maintain correct responses to fans in the FAQ database based on scheduling, press announcements and trends ?
• Ideate & pitch innovative creative strategies for brand/show campaigns
• Compile a list of all creative (AV and print) prior to a series premiere
• Compile requests for on-air/photo shoots with talent
• Light creative work in Photoshop to edit social templates used on social platforms
• Seek out or request relevant production creative, including behind-the-scenes, extras, sneak peeks, etc.
• Analyze competitive landscape for social media and make suggestions for new vendors and platforms
• Measure success of creative assets and posts to ensure maximum visibility and engagement ?
• Create social creative and copy plans for A&E programming on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Schedule social first videos, promos, and editorial content on various social platforms
• Analyze reporting and create informed social strategy plans and content rollouts
• Brainstorm content ideas for A&E shows
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field
• 3-5 years of Social Media experience
• Familiarity with social media scheduling and analytics platforms
• Stellar copy writing and editing abilities
• Extremely organized, with an eye for detail
• Availability to cover programming and events at night and on weekends as needed
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.