Senior Writer / Preditor
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2019 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Writer / Preditor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Writer / Preditor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Writer / Preditor? ''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
THE ROLE: Senior Writer/Preditor
The Senior Writer/Preditor would be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, producing, and editing best-in-class multi platform promotional video marketing materials for Lifetime scripted and unscripted series and specials with a focus on producing/editing scripted trailers.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Senior Writer/Preditor Job Description:
• Work with EVP, VP, and brand creative directors to create best-in-class multi-platform promotional content for Lifetime scripted and unscripted campaigns.
• Conceptualize, write, produce and edit material based on strategic marketing hooks and market research findings.
• Edit content for projects that are in various stages of production – this includes cutting trailers from dailies as well as working from selects and/or final shows.
• Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial and/or editing, graphics production, music composition, sound design, and audio mix.
• Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, etc making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
• Collaborate with production, strategy, programming, and scheduling team members to ensure campaign priorities and deadlines are met.
• Work with Production to fulfill multiple delivery schedules and campaign elements – this includes needs for broadcast, off-channel/paid media, affiliate, PR, and consumer products.
• Adhere to production SOP's for delivery of assets for all campaign elements.
• Brainstorm campaign concepts, show titles, and brand initiatives as needed.
• Capability to work in both pre and post-production environments.
• Ability to direct shoots if needed, and participate in casting, location, wardrobe selection, and art direction.
• Conduct interviews with talent and production teams on shoots as needed.
• Oversee and direct VO sessions.
• Develop the skills of junior members of the staff through strong leadership and teaching skills.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity and love of entertainment and history to work in a supportive environment with like minded people.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Film, Communications, or a related field
• Minimum two 5 – 7 years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience writing, producing, and editing trailers for a cable or broadcast network
• Strong knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end
• Interest in history and passion for how it can be reflected in modern culture
• Excellent copy-writing skills
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Stellar teammate
• Attention to detail, demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and consistency
• Passionate about entertainment and TV conversations
• Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize large volume of work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines
• Ability to pick up new software and tools quickly
• Excellent Avid and/or Premiere editing skills
• After Effects is a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.