Senior UX Researcher
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior UX Researcher
A+E Networks is seeking a an experienced, methodology driven, highly organized User Experience Researcher to become an integral part of the Digital Media design team. We are looking for a mid to senior-level professional with 5+ years of experience to play a leadership role in driving a user-centered design approach for our portfolio of video on demand products.
In this role, you will lead and execute user experience research and identify and prioritize research against product roadmaps. You'll work closely with design, product, engineering, and analytics teams to gather feedback, insights, and data to support your research.
The qualified candidate will lead the effort define, develop, and execute diverse research plans and methodologies, analyze findings, and turn findings into actionable insights to inform product design. You will be responsible for aggregating our research and integrating with data analytics to ensure we have a holistic view of our users, and are making the most effective use of our quantitative and qualitative data.
Through implementation of user research techniques, you'll identify and transform unmet user needs, pain points, and business opportunities into successful enhancements and product launches throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
The Senior UX Research role requires you to understand customers deeply and will challenge you to bring new methods to inspire and help the team design great products.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5+ years experience in UX research and leading UX efforts in a product development organization
• Background inclusive of web and mobile (knowledge of streaming services and devices is highly desirable)
• Extensive knowledge of usability and user research tools and ability to recommend most appropriate techniques, including field research, interviews, surveys, benchmarking, card sorts, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, A/B testing, empathy maps, etc.
• Build a robust and thoughtful process for gathering user insights and collaborating with other teams to align on best practices
• Design, recruit and moderate research studies regularly (both in-person and remote)
• Proven ability to drive results and effectively make the case for research to inform business decisions
• Strong relationship building skills and ability to work enthusiastically with people
• Strong communication, verbal and written, and creative problem-solving skills
• Advanced presentation skills, and experience communicating user-centered research findings to a large number of stakeholders in a persuasive and engaging way
• Strong ability to balance and prioritize workload and adjust to shifting business needs/priorities
• Knowledge of how quantitative research methods work in conjunction with qualitative ones to provide more robust insights
• Proven ability to move beyond data, getting to valuable insights, and effectively collaborating with product teams to implement research-backed, measurable product improvements
• Advanced knowledge of prototyping tools, the strengths and weaknesses of each, and which to use in different situations
• Knowledge of surveying tools
• Knowledge of A/B testing tools for web, mobile and (ideally) OTT products
• Bachelors or higher degree in Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Design Science or related field with an emphasis on User Experience or Interaction Design.
• Related experience in interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research is a plus
• Experience working in an agile environment and developing products iteratively is a plus.