Senior Post Production Artist
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional eye for detail, color, and composition with a true passion for photography with a wealth of experience in all areas of beauty, fashion, commercial and editorial fields retouching with a strong understanding of print reproduction.
They come from high caliber in the creative world of Photography post-production, highly proficient in related applications such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge and Acrobat - a true technical wizard with an abundance of skills and knowledge of shortcuts these programs offer.
An excellent people person that can assess, forecast and communicate individual job requirements, manage multiple projects at any one time, delivering projects to tight, sometimes demanding timelines.
• Retouch to a high standard, in-line with existing A+E Network style guides.
• Ensure color consistency of photography for network shows and corporate for web and print.
• Process a high volume of images quickly, without compromising quality for web and print.
• Upload assets to servers and maintain digital asset file/structure organization.
• Receive retouching direction from Art Director, Photography Director and Retouching Manager and make amends where necessary.
• Ability to make recommendations and problem-solve compositional challenges to digital imagery and step-in as a creative support-person and leader when necessary.
• Awareness of talent sensitivities and differences in levels of image adjustments as they vary from project to project and brand to brand.
• Receive creative direction from Art Director for creating key art or compositing images and applying special effects for projects for web and print.
• Preflight and adhere to specifications, correct any errors to InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat files for print ads, posters, banners, outdoor signage, building signage, packaging and press kits before uploading to various vendors or publications.
• Retouching and manipulation of art files from internal art, or outside agencies
• Intake meetings with creative teams from Photo, Marketing and International
• Understand and consult w/design to ensure that design concepts and manufacturing capabilities are compatible and executable.
• Work closely with Print Production on pagination of all brochures, catalogs.
• Consult with Design, Marketing, Print Production and outside Agencies on High-Resolution Artwork
• Building of files for complex dimensional packaging for Press Kits and related sales materials
• Provide creative POV for all Photography Post-production projects
• Brief, direct and manage freelance and external vendors
• 10+ years experience within Photographic Post-production within the creative field
• Creative Degree level of Education preferred
• Established vendor relationships and contacts
• Experience managing and working with teams of various sizes
• Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in Photoshop; InDesign; Illustrator and all other job related software
• Working knowledge of digital asset management systems preferred
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.