Senior Payroll Specialist
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 10:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Payroll Specialist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Payroll Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Payroll Specialist? THE ROLE: Senior Payroll Specialist
The primary function of this position is to help administer the processing and transmittal of the bi-weekly payroll for the client and/or employee groups as determined by the Sr. Manager and/or Sr. Director of Payroll Operations, utilizing ADP Enterprise Version 5 (EV5) and Workday.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Track and audit information entered into Workday for staff (new hires, terminations; tax, address, demographic information, bonuses and rate changes) to assure proper data transfer to the ADP payroll system
• Liaise with employees to resolve Workday Time & Attendance questions on PTO, hours worked, etc.
• Liaise with HRIS, Benefits, Compensation, People Partners and HR Coordinators as necessary to aid in coordinating biweekly payroll
• Liaise with ADP Client Service Representative to resolve system issues, register errors, or as necessary.
• Audit integration files from Workday for errors, and appropriate data transfer of payroll related information; Review and update tax information in payroll system as necessary
• Import all worked hours, time offs from Workday Time & Attendance into ADP Payroll
• Execute all aspects of the payroll process; terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.
• From Workday, retain Tax, Direct Deposit and Demographic changes (pertaining to payroll) for records
• Update garnishment information in Payroll system
• Perform applicable employee services for Workday, iPay and ADP systems
• Review Quarterly and Year-End ADP Payroll Tax Reports
• Generate reports through ADP Reporter as necessary
• Assist with annual audits when applicable
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6 + years of experience in processing Payroll
• Knowledge of ADP Business Solutions, preferably ADP EV5,
• Knowledge of ADP Reporter
• Knowledge of ADP GL
• Knowledge of Workday HCM and Workday Time & Leave a plus
• Ability to import and export reports and custom files using ADP Payroll
• Proficient in Excel.
• Payroll Processing experience with exposure to all facets of Payroll Cycle
• Possess extensive working knowledge of payroll processing policies and Federal/State & Local payroll taxes and regulations
• Individual must be articulate, have superior communication and customer service skills
• Must function as a team player and be able to react and adapt to quickly changing circumstances
• Detail oriented
• Critical thinker
• Capable of working independently on specific assigned tasks and projects, however this position will have little or no decision-making capability
• FPC or CPP certification preferred
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.