Senior Network Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the overall integrity our Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Wireless Networks. The Senior Network Engineer is also responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related network infrastructure in accordance with corporate and security standards.
The Senior Network Engineer will help solve problems related to media content and data distribution, maintain and enhance network stability, drive automation to shorten our deployment cycle. The Senior Network Engineer will contribute to the planning and implementation of the network infrastructure within the data centers and AWS Cloud. The Senior Network Engineer must understand switching, routing, firewall, load balancer technologies, and related protocols and come up with new ways to improve operational efficiency. This position is responsible for troubleshooting network related issues both on-site and remotely. The Senior Network Engineer supports acquisition of network hardware, software and subcontractor services as needed.
This person will be expected to interact with vendors to resolve software/hardware related issues. Technology and product knowledge of various vendor platforms both from the standpoint of network and network security are essential to the role.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Senior Network Engineer
• Provide high-level / detailed consultative solutions and technical support for network connectivity for both on premises data centers and interoperability of cloud related connectivity solutions
• Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements
• Engineer and deploy appropriate network solutions for data center facilities
• Identify technology gaps, develop and implement appropriate solutions collaboratively with various business and IT stakeholders
• Create formal guidelines, policies, and standard operating procedures to ensure operational readiness
• Maintain high availability and performance of the data center networks using various network monitoring tools including packet capture analysis
• Participate in capacity planning activities and identify areas for improvements in managing network resources and inventory
• Develop procedures for automating specific activities around repetitive deployment/provisioning tasks and implement scalability plan for all services including related cloud operability
• Play a central role in ongoing network design, as our rapid growth calls for constant reevaluation, and optimization
• Support corporate IT needs through remote host-based systems
• Perform daily network monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Participate in service management processes including but not limited to: incident management, major problem reviews, change management, and continual improvement.
Collaboration and Partnership
• Verify and monitor Network environments and controls to ensure processes are mature and capable of supporting our connectivity objectives and best practice design
• Report on gaps, issues, failures or concerns of established network infrastructure frameworks and architecture to remediate and provide early solutions to problems
• Maintain Network environments by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures.
• Work with technical teams and senior architects to finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems; including but not limited to corporate datacenters, public, private, and hybrid cloud designs.
• Liaise with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of connectivity solutions with existing IT systems.
• Provide subject matter expertise in deployment and operations for the IT community.
• Research, experiment with, and inform on network related emerging technologies and tooling to improve the operability and user experience.
• Participate in on-call duty alongside other team members.
• Playing an important role in improving the team's technical depth and efficiency.
• Ensure successful completion of projects on time and operational stability.
• Adhere to vendor and industry best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BS or higher-level degree in Computer science or related disciplines required, or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of experience with global network deployments in an enterprise or service provider setting
• 5+ years of engineering, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed network solutions (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• Must possess a thorough understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools
• Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher in Routing and Switching and/or Wireless Networking.
• Experience with Cisco DNA
• Experience with a variety of networking hardware vendors including but not limited to Palo Alto and Cisco.
• The ability to quickly and thoroughly diagnose and resolve issues within the company's network.
• Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP)
• An understanding of network management, network security, SNMP and Radius
• Experience working collaboratively with Senior Network Engineers, Systems software developers and Administrators
• Working experience with firewalls, load balancers, and web proxies
• Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack
• Familiarity with the ITIL framework and processes
• Have worked in a process driven environment and have the ability to identify opportunities, adapt and ensure efficiencies.
• Must have worked in a cloud first or hybrid environment.
• Must possess a stro
A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!