Senior Manager, Technical Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Sr. Manager, Technical Operations
The Sr. Manager, Technical Operations is responsible for technical and operational oversight of various A+E Post Production facilities and environments across multiple locations. This position manages a team of technical operators and supervisors with specific oversight of various media production functions including ingest, capture, management, storage, editing, transcoding, distribution, and archiving. This position also has oversight of the Production Operations MAM / PAM system and all associated workflows and policies. This Sr. Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining cohesive specs, workflows, and system integration within the Post Production environments and is the operational point-person and consultant for Engineering and other partners.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Strategize and lead the A+E Technical Operations dept on all aspects of Post Production processes and workflows to develop operational efficiencies and streamlined solutions
• Ideate, research, recommend, test, new operational solutions necessary for streamlining, enhancing, and establishing more efficient workflows for content creation and distribution
• Develop, maintain, and communicate a unified and cohesive technical front across all Post Production environments and facilities to achieve consistent creation and delivery of various media assets
• Author, architect, refine and maintain workflows and specs for entire media supply chain
• Manage various media servers and storage (ISIS, NEXIS, FTP, Spectralogic, MediaSilo, PAM/ MAM) and establish retention policies for all
• Manage large staff of Assistant Editors, Technicians, Media Managers, Archivists; build, train, motivate, and performance manage accordingly.
• Key contact person for Engineering, Post Production Services, Production Management, regarding technical capabilities, workflows, troubleshooting and enhancements
• Liaise with clients using Post facility to provide technical solutions and establish trust
• Liaison to external vendors and facilities to ensure spec adherence and quality of deliverables
• Oversee Production Media Asset Management system and all associated workflows and functions
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of great content creation. You will have exposure to all stages of the Production process; from inception to distribution. You will collaborate with various stakeholders including Programming, Marketing, Social Media, Engineering, IT, etc. Your creative and operational spirit will be challenged as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA or BS on Communications or equivalent vocational education
• Knowledge of various Post Production tools and solutions including Avid, Adobe, Aspera, Signiant, Telestream, etc
• Leader with proven understanding of all Post Production processes, equipment, and scenarios
• Strong leadership capabilities: build, motive, and rally a highly technical team of various disciplines across multiple locations
• 5 years supervisory leadership in a post house or network environment
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly and manage crisis situations
• Ability to partner, influence, and manage relationships across organization
• Ability to strategize solutions with multiple stakeholders
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!