Senior Manager Publicity
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: SR. MANAGER PUBLICITY, A&E NETWORK
The Sr. Manager, Publicity for A&E is responsible for the development and implementation of public relations campaigns resulting in positive media placement (print, online, broadcast) both on and off the entertainment pages for the brand and its programming. This position is responsible for all aspects of a project launch and on-going publicity support including but not limited to, writing press materials, managing talent relations and securing press coverage for A&E's nonfiction series, documentaries, specials and live events. Position works closely with internal and external producers and talent to maximize exposure for network priorities, as well as collaborate with executives from other business units including programming, marketing, social and international.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Strategically pitch media outlets on programming specific priorities, in addition to brand and corporate needs.
• Create awareness of A&E programming in the consumer press to reach viewers, drive audience tune-in and ultimately increase ratings.
• Bring to the role strong relationships with a wide range of media.
• Serve as the liaison between talent, their representation and various departments at A&E on assigned projects.
• Write PR plans, press releases, bios, media alerts and talking points, while also pulling creative assets for the best press material product.
• Identify promotional opportunities across broadcast, print and online press, including niche outlets, to determine the best plan of action to pitch and target for each project.
• Working experience with crisis communications and develop talking points and statements that support the network's position.
• Take the lead in planning and executing programming events which include TCA, screenings, red carpets and awards panels.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
Add in bullets of the requirements for this position
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
• Minimum 7 years experience in public relations, corporate communications, or related field
• Television and/or entertainment publicity experience a must
• Ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving and managing high-level critical situations
• Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail is must
• Impeccable writing and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well on a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
• Able to adapt quickly to new and challenging situations
• Ability to pick up projects with little notice and assist team members as needed
• General understanding of social media integrations
''THE DIVISION STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.