Senior Financial Analyst
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2021 7:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst? Senior Financial Analyst, International Accounting & Finance
THE ROLE: Senior Financial Analyst, International Accounting & Finance
The position of Senior Financial Analyst, International Accounting & Finance is responsible for assisting in the financial reporting for the International business unit. The individual in this role must have the ability to interact with both senior management and staff within both finance and operations departments. They will be asked to translate what is occurring in the business and interpret the accounting and financial impact. While the ideal candidate needs to be highly organized and disciplined in their approach, they also need to be flexible to deal with changing business requirements. The person also needs to have strong analytical, accounting, and interpersonal skills.
More About What You'll Do
• Oversee international operating expense process for 25+ departments worldwide
• Work with operating managers to perform the monthly close, prepare quarterly forecasts & yearly budgets and identify risks & opportunities
• Coordinate timing of the monthly financial close to ensure all deadlines are met so that we can report financial results to senior management in a timely manner
• Prepare journal entries (e.g. accruals/reclasses)
• Participate in the annual budget and quarterly forecast submission processes and prepare variance analyses of actual vs. budget/forecast performance for both internal and external needs. Includes analyzing financial performance to identify areas of change and/or concern
• Foster working relationships with operational management to explain financial processes and ensure financial goals are met
• Prepare monthly ''Risk/Opportunity'' analysis
• Process, code and research invoices in Accounts Payable system
• Prepare balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations (pre-paid, accrued expenses, etc.)
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BS Accounting, CPA a plus
• Microsoft Excel is a must – advanced excel skills is a plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective oral and written communication
• Experience with SAP FI GL / SAP Enterprise Central Component (ECC) a plus
• Knowledge of media/entertainment industry a plus
• Experience working with multiple currencies
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Ability to organize and manage time to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.