Senior Editor, Multiplatform
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2023 6:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Editor, Multiplatform jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Editor, Multiplatform postings
Full Time Job
Senior Editor, Multiplatform (Remote)
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Division StoryA E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE: Senior Editor, Multiplatform
The Senior Editor is responsible for creating compelling Multiplatform content across A+E Networks properties. This role requires an expert understanding of the processes, technology, and operating procedures to effectively create long-form, mid-form and short-form content leveraging A+E shows, brands, and content. The ideal candidate will possess superior aesthetic and storytelling expertise required to carry out the creative vision of the Multiplatform team. The Senior Editor will effectively collaborate with the producing staff for assignments, deadlines, versioning and distribution responsibilities. Editors will be expected to gain mastery of A+E's technical specifications and operating procedures. Deliverables will be expected to consistently meet our quality requirements for global distribution. This staff role reports to the Senior Director of Creative Content Production.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Leverage a variety of source materials including existing masters, raw and archival footage, images, audio stems and graphics packages to create top quality entertainment content.
• Collaborate with writers, producers and creative directors to ensure consistent creative output and adherence to project goals.
• Liaise with in-house producers and other third-party vendors (editors, mixers, shooters) to facilitate post process including communicating SOP, prepping sequences and formatting/grouping footage/gfx
• Effectively handle the unique audio / visual needs of long-form content editorial projects.
• Adhere to departmental best practices for versioning control, naming conventions, storage of files and media assets, and legal best practices
• Troubleshoot technical difficulties within the edit, coordinating fixes with Production Operations Tech-Ops department.
• Attend necessary Production Operations dept. meetings to stay informed and be aware of new technologies, SOP's and initiatives
• Work effectively in a remote, unsupervised environment.
• Normal hours Monday to Friday, 10a-6:30p EST with some overtime possible.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 7+ year's experience editing short to long form content in a production company or network environment
• Excellent, well rounded storytelling skills and the ability to express a story with media
• Experience with sound editing with-in an edit environment
• Proven track record and portfolio of created content
• Proactive, detail-oriented, and well-organized with exceptional verbal & written skills
• Ability to work remotely, efficiently and prioritize tight deadlines
• A consistent positive ''Can Do'' attitude and team player.
• Full Knowledge of broadcast and digital standards and video formats
• Understanding of color correction principles and techniques in an edit environment.
• Expert level proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder.
• Knowledge of video sharing / review apps: Frame.io, Lucid Link.
• Proficient in a wide variety of industry standard 3rd party software and plugins.
• Knowledge of the following is a plus: Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Audition.
• Experience in communication and business applications: MS Office 365, Airtable, MS Teams,
CompensationHourly Pay Range: $46.69 - $70.67Annual Incentive Target: 5%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.