Senior Business Analyst, Rights Systems
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Business Analyst, Rights Systems
The Senior BA, Rights Systems will perform business analysis on requirements and needs for the Global Rights business process. The candidate will work extensively with business stakeholders in understanding their business and strategies and relate them to system needs.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Work with stakeholders to develop strategy, growth and roadmap of systems serving the Rights and Clearances business areas including but not limited to Rights Management, residuals, participations, royalties and accounting and work with the business to ensure that the growth of the systems are in line with the needs of the business
• Works with Director of Programming and Rights Systems and managers to ensure alignment of the Rights systems portfolio with departmental goals from a growth and resource management perspective. Spearhead proactive research and growth of systems within the portfolio. Create long term road map of systems, prioritize backlogs, ensure that technology is up to date and ensure overall health and well-being of systems
• Work with Business Analysts, QA team and Developers as a part of a cohesive team. Ensure that entire team is on the same page and working as an optimal and effective unit
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have):
• BA/BS in Business Management, MIS, or related field
• Minimum of 6 years of experience managing and supporting Rights Management Systems for a Television/Media Company
• Good understanding of financial accounting principles
• Strong understanding of systems and their underlying technologies to be able to provide technology solutions
• Track record of effectively working with development and testing teams to arrive at effective solutions
• Knowledge of Agile and SDLC concepts.
• Business process analysis and redesign experience: strong business analysis skills; process mapping; business process redesign and implementation
• Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, support
• Effectively promote process best practices
• Excellent interaction and inter personal skills
• Communication skills: strong presentation/ communication / facilitation skills (oral and written)
• Works well with teams or in a team environment, with the ability to work independently
• Strong project management skills and experience
• Experience working with multiple systems and integrations between systems
• Strong experience in stakeholder communication and interaction
• Experience with Programming and Scheduling concepts
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business and technology to be able to translate business needs into effective technology solutions
• Strong SQL Skills for data analytics and reporting
• Proactively thinks outside the box to provide creative solutions to complex problems
• Strong people skills necessary to work effectively with other members of the team as well as members of other teams to get optimal productivity
• Ability to visualize future state and communicate vision in an articulate manner
• Possesses problem management and negotiation skills to tackle roadblocks and issues
• Master's Degree in Business management, MIS or related field
• PMP or other similar or equivalent certifications
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''\''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.\''