Senior Business Analyst, Programming Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Business Analyst, Programming Solutions
The Senior Business Analyst, Programming Solutions will be primarily responsible for Programming Technology solutions within A+E Networks Technology department. Senior Business Analyst, Programming Solutions will manage current and future technical solutions that serve the programming, program scheduling and finance business areas.
This individual will work closely with Programming, program scheduling and finance business groups as well as peers & senior management in Information Technology along with Software Development, Infrastructure & Project Management team(s) in providing robust solutions for Programming ecosystem in terms of data, process and systems.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead and manage strategy, growth and roadmap of systems serving the programming, program scheduling and finance business areas and work with the business to ensure that the growth of the systems is in line with the needs of the business
• Detailed resource planning, allocation & forecasting. Ensure consistent processes for support & development including time tracking, task allocation, backup & succession planning, training and mentoring
• Build a high performing team, foster open communication, transparency, highest level of integrity, trust & collaboration within & across the departments.
• Create development plans for staff to align with organizational & departmental vision
• Responsible for Requirement Analysis, Functional and Technical Design and Production Implementation for In House and 3rd party applications for Programming ecosystem.
• Provide detailed analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows to design and develop business and technology solutions.
• Review details of business use cases built to cover all proposed business process flows
• Work with QA team to develop test schedules, review testing plans and support unit, regression and user acceptance testing for developed business and technology solutions
• Ensures business and technical requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off by all stakeholders at appropriate stages in a project.
• Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity
• Liaising between Vendors, IT customers and Business groups to identify processes enhancements and system improvements
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
• Regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support status, to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
• Alert leadership of potential risks and issues of importance.
• Work closely with Programming, Program scheduling and Finance business and technology operation team(s) to provide support for existing IT systems
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis and provide recommendation for avoiding common issues.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Graduate Degree
• 8+ years of experience with at least 3 years in IT Management role
• 5+ years of experience in Programming systems within Media & Entertainment, preferably with Broadcast/Cable networks.
• Knowledge of Programming, program scheduling and finance business areas.
• Strong understanding of systems and their underlying technologies to be able to provide effective technology solutions
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Able to build a high-performing team through collaboration, mentoring and coaching
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• Vendor management skills including negotiations, contract review, pricing and invoicing.
• Knowledge of SQL is a plus
• Knowledge of Agile is a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!