Senior Business Analyst, Marketing Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Business Analyst, Marketing Solutions
The Sr. Business Analyst, Marketing Solutions will be responsible for Marketing Technology Systems at A+E Networks. This individual will be responsible for application support, analyzing and documenting user requirements, procedures, problem solving and project management efforts to offer new technology solutions, enhancements, provide production support to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated business applications for the Marketing business teams. This role will work closely with the Marketing business teams, internal Software Development, Infrastructure & Project Management team in providing technology solutions for the Marketing ecosystem in terms of process and systems.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Gathers and provides analysis of business requirements, use cases, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Leads design discussions and identifies design options. Provides mock-ups of user interface. Collaborates with business and technical development teams on solution designs.
• Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
• Provides user documentation for the system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
• Regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support status, to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
• Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance
• Work closely with development team in application support of current systems and new application initiatives.
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Undergraduate degree
• 5+ years of IT Business Analysis;
• Experience with marketing promo campaign management and scheduling solutions, such as, GripIT required
• Domain knowledge of marketing operations within the Broadcast/Cable industry, understanding of promo and secondary event planning and scheduling
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Exhibits, models & promotes vision of the IT team
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• Knowledge of SQL and database methodologies
• 1-2 years of Project Management experience
• Experience with Ad Sales and Trafficking systems, such as, WideOrbit, Sintec or other Ad Sales Systems
• Experience working with Nielsen, ComScore or other industry research data sources
• Understanding of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Modeling and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies, such as, Microsoft Business Intelligence and Tableau.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!