Senior Business Analyst, Ad Sales Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE: Sr. Business Analyst – Ad Sales Solutions
The Sr. Business Analyst, Ad Sales Solutions will be primarily responsible for Linear Ad Sales technology solutions for A E Networks. This individual will be responsible for managing and supporting In-House and 3rd Party vendor application across the Ad Sales eco-system. The Sr. Business Analyst will work closely with Ad Sales business groups as well as peers and management in IT to provide technology solutions. This role will work closely with the Ad Sales Revenue Management, internal Software Development, Infrastructure & Project Management team in providing system solutions for Linear Ad Sales ecosystem in terms of data, process and systems.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for Requirement Analysis, Functional and Technical Design and Production Implementation for In House and 3rd party applications for Ad Sales systems.
• Provide detailed analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows to design and develop business and technology solutions.
• Review details of business use cases built to cover all proposed Ad Sales business process flows
• Work with QA team to develop test schedules, review testing plans and support unit, regression and user acceptance testing for developed business and technology solutions
• Ensures business and technical requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off by all stakeholders at appropriate stages in a project.
• Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity
• Liaising between Vendors, IT customers and Business groups to identify processes enhancements and system improvements
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
• Regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support status, to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
• Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
• Work closely with Ad Sales business and technology operation team(s) to provide support for existing Ad Sales systems
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis and provide recommendation for avoiding common issues.
• Query source system databases while troubleshooting issues or responding to user data requests.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Graduate Degree
• 5 years of IT Business Analysis and 3 years of Media experience (preferably with Ad Sales)
• 1-2 years of Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of Ad Sales & Trafficking business within the Broadcast/Cable industry, understanding of inventory management, pricing, estimates, planning, sales, traffic, stewardship, billing and master data management.
• Strong experience with WideOrbit, Gabriel, Invision, Sintec or other Ad Sales Systems
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects.
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• Knowledge of SQL is a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Modeling and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies such as Microsoft Business Intelligence and Tableau.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.