Senior Application Developer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Application Developer (React Native)
We're looking for an experienced developer to help take our mobile and TV-connected applications to the next level using React Native technology. The position will be integral to the application creation process, from concept to execution, playing a key role in the design and innovation of ad supported and subscription experiences, working at the technological cutting edge of the television industry. The Senior Application Developer will work side-by-side in an Agile model with a team of product owners, designers, and other developers in support of brands such as A&E, History, Lifetime, and FYI to produce beautiful, compelling, and useful products that span across digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, hands-on developer of mobile and/or tv-connected applications and have a background in React Native.
• Effectively communicating and collaborating with designers, product owners, and other members of the digital media team (e.g QA, DevOps, other developers) to develop best-of-breed digital products that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives.
• Creating robust, well architected applications that earn A E's accustomed high-ratings in the app stores.
• Providing guidance and mentoring to more junior member of the engineering team.
• Participating in the daily scrums and periodic sprint planning, retrospectives, and other Agile process ceremonies.
• Helping A E discover, evaluate, and incorporate new technologies and capabilities to enhance our digital products.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
The ideal Candidate:
• Is smart, inquisitive, and optimistic with a positive attitude and work ethic.
• Is creative, empathetic, dependable, and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Is excited about being part of the next generation of television distribution.
• Will be able to connect the dots between the needs of users, requirements for business success, and the possibilities of technology.
• Has the ability to speak confidently on behalf of their perspective and defend ideas with cogent arguments.
• Can multi-task and manage more than one project at a time.
• Has an interest in working with multiple technologies and development languages.
• Is a problem-solver and can creatively find solutions to whatever technical challenges they come across.
• Will share work early and often and can take feedback from other team members.
• Will collaborate with team members to push their work to be the best it can be.
• Is self-motivated and can work independently.
• Has the ability to iterate quickly and work within an Agile/Scrum framework.
• Is excited about new technological developments and wants to work with experimental ideas.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• B.S. or B.A. in or Technical Degree in Computer Sciences or E.E., M.S. a plus.
• 6 years of software development experience.
• 3 years of mobile and/or tv-connected application development.
• 1 years of React Native experience.
• Published applications currently in the Apple, Google Play, or other app stores.
• Experience with video or other media applications is desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
THE ROLE: Senior Application Developer (React Native)