Senior Accountant, Licensing and Digital Media
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
THE ROLE: Senior Accountant, Licensing and Digital Media
The purpose of this position is to perform accounting functions in the Licensing Revenue and Digital Media division areas in support of the Manager, Accounting and Financial Systems and Sr. Director. This will include performing accounting responsibilities specific to the job as well as helping the Manager, Accounting and Financial Systems and Sr. Director in the performance of their responsibilities.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Digital Media and Merchandise/Events divisions:
• Review and book monthly accruals entries to the G/L, review analysis of financial performance versus budgets and re-forecasts to identify areas of change and/or concern; review the variance explanations and present to the Manager; oversee the preparation of custom financial report packages for Digital Media/Merchandise divisions' management to assist them in effectively managing the business and controlling spending; meet with Digital Media/Merchandise management on a monthly basis to communicate variances from budgets and re-forecasts so that they are able to react in an appropriate manner; and Assist all divisions in meeting their required deadlines.
• Ensure that the monthly financial results for the Digital Media area are accurately stated
• Ensure that our financial reporting is accurate, timely and in accordance with GAAP.
Licensing Revenue Accounting:
• Review payment detail on incoming payments from various licensees.
• Ensure that licensing payments are included in royalty statements for quarterly statement preparation.
• Manage unidentified SKUs research efforts.
• Prepare SKU feed file and provide it to Residuals and Participations department.
• Calculate monthly effective sales commission.
• Perform Royalty expense and liability analysis.
• Work with outside vendor and Royalty department and with Manager's guidance in automating and improving process.
• Compile information for each audit as needed.
• Provide other support, as needed, to Manager (i.e. special projects, system projects, etc.)
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• B.S. in Accounting
• Advanced Excel, Word, SAP General ledger / SAP Budget and Consolidation systems
• Accounting Experience (3-6 years
• Strong Communication and Assertive Interpersonal Skills.
• Multitask and juggle multiple projects
• MBA or CPA
• SAP experience or financial system experience
• Cable TV, entertainment industry experience.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.