SAP Ecc Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE: SAP ECC Manager
The SAP ECC Manager is a key member of the Corporate Solutions team. S/he will be responsible for the design, deployment, and ongoing support of the Global A E SAP solution. S/he will collaborate with a diverse Global SAP and IT teams as well as Corporate and Regional business groups to achieve strategic goals and objectives by delivering a world-class solution.
This is a high visibility, client-facing role that requires you to be able to communicate with our business partners in their language to understand their business processes and needs. The SAP ECC Manager will need to be able to translate business needs into process-oriented, technology solutions via detailed functional specifications, and partner with the technical team to deliver the solutions. This is a hands-on, leadership and service-oriented position which requires someone who can get the job done no matter what obstacles are encountered.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Analyze and understand existing business processes and systems functionality
• Proactively propose new or updated solutions to growing and changing business needs
• Document detailed functionality requirements
• Guide less experienced staff members in business analysis and project management techniques and best practices
• Lead meetings with business partner and technology teams
• Work with dev and QA teams to ensure proper delivery of solutions
• Conduct UAT sessions with business partners gaining acceptance as to what was scoped and built
• Actively participate in deployments of new software
• Participate in systems testing as needed
• Build solutions, applications, tools & processes supporting critical functions of A E enterprise and ensure that the business areas have an overall positive experience in all forms of technology.
• Participate in technology driven initiatives that support the advancement of our technology stack creating a secure and up to date environment
• Be an active team member of the Technology Department
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage a strong team of Business Analysts that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS]
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, and relevant job experience
• 10 years technology team experience, working with vendor and custom applications/solutions, as well as experience with implementations of large scale projects
• 7 years of experience in Experience working within the SAP software suite (ECC / S4 HANA, Concur Invoice & Expense etc.)
• 5 years writing business requirements/functional specification documentation on General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Assets, and Banking
• Ability to understand and analyze existing business processes and systems functionality
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent planning and preparation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively manage project scope, risk and execution for technology projects
• Curiosity – constantly be looking for new technologies or solutions on the marketplace that innovate how we do things and provide new value to our business
• Desire to make things better and get it done, whatever it may take
• Ability to independently manage projects and people, as well as the ability to influence and manage relationships where no direct line of report exists
• Interpersonal skills, written and oral.
• Management of process and people.
• Strong history of stakeholder relationships
Preferable skills and experience:
• Experience in the Cable Television industry and in the Rights and Programming business areas
• Application integration
• Master's Degree in Business management, MIS or related field
• PMP or other similar or equivalent certifications
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.