Sales Service Representative
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY More than a century after P.T. Barnum, Ad Sales has proven that the entertainment business has changed and money is made when honesty, business acumen and industry knowledge come together to solve clients' problems. As the biggest breadwinner for the company, we are continually searching for way to bring new dollars into the fold. Driven by strong creative and rooted in data and strategy, we provide advertisers with the valuable exposure they need in the specific markets they want to reach. So if you've got an aptitude for data and planning as well as a salesperson's drive, we'd like you under our big top. Extra points if you can juggle.
THE ROLE: Sales Service Representative (SSR)
A+E Networks has an amazing entry level opportunity for a Sales Service Representative (SSR) to join or Los Angeles Ad Sales team. The SSR will assist Integrated Sales Planners and Account Executives in efforts to maximize revenue for the company, by providing prompt, precise and cooperative service and information to clients and agencies.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Accurately enter Sales Orders into the system
• Generate and revise orders to traffic as well as the following: handle revisions for program schedule changes; flighting deals; proof-read contracts and make necessary corrections; resolve discrepancies; negotiate makegoods and pre-emptions; export EDI disks; create and maintain deal files.
• Collaborate with Integrated Sales Planner and Account Executives on account details and preparation for meetings.
• Correspond with advertising clients and agencies clients on a daily basis
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
First and foremost as a member of A+E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA/BS Degree
• Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel knowledge strongly preferred.
• Candidate must:
• Have Excellent communication & organizational skills with ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Have a team oriented mindset with a positive attitude that's focused on achieving the company goals
• Be passionate about supporting one another while embracing the company values of: Creativity, Collaboration, Coordination, Accountability & Trust
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.