Project Manager, Pmo
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 8:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Project Manager, Pmo jobs in New York-NY
Search all Project Manager, Pmo postings
Full Time Job
Project Manager, PMO (Temporary)
THE ROLE: Project Manager, PMO (Temporary)
The Global Strategy, Planning & Transformation team at A+E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to optimize our business operations, project management and business strategy via innovative solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team to maximize the best possible outcomes for our business.
The PMO is a small team of project and program managers passionate about service and delivery. This team is responsible for managing the delivery of our most critical enterprise projects and processes, globally. We support all pillars of the Global Technology Operations unit, across the U.S, EMEA, and ASIAPAC, as well as, partner with other areas of the business to deliver business value and excellence
We want all members of the team to show up every day with a passion for their job and care that it gets done well. We will want you to partner with the business and fellow technologists to make sure we are delivering best-of-class solutions that can make a real impact on project success. You should be able to work autonomously to manage your project teams, add value to the team, and deliver you projects on-time and on-budget.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As the Project Manager, PMO we'll trust you to own:
• Overall responsibility for the delivery of projects assigned to you.
• Relationships across all facets of technology and operations
• Execution of and driving of governance and project management practices
• Evangelizing and representing the best of what project management offers
• Partnering with others to drive innovation in our processes and projects
• Organizing and negotiating the allocation of technical and human capital resources.
• High quality deliverables and artifacts
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to gain experience across a wide array of technologies, applications and business functions. You will learn. You'll also have an opportunity to contribute to the growth and business acumen of the PMO. In addition, you'll partner with a strong team of technologists & engineers that deeply care for our business and are eager to deliver key business value as part of a world-class, global, and service-oriented organization
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and work experience.
• 4-8 years of experience primarily in project management for a large global organization.
• Self-directed, polished professional who can work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
• Proven ability to estimate task duration for all project resources
• Ability to identify and close issues quickly and effectively
• Strong analytical, data management and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Financial acumen to understand and articulate business value for complex Projects, Programs or other initiatives.
• Strong understanding of and experience in deploying Program Management & Governance processes.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills with ability to adjust communication styles depending on type of target audience.
• 4 years managing medium-scale, enterprise projects
• 2 years managing project budgets
• 3 years business analysis experience
• Experience managing delivery of COTS, SaaS, and ERP applications
• Experience managing infrastructure, network and engineering related projects.
• Experience managing SaaS and Cloud implementations along with vendor relationships
• Working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code, and DevOps
• Experience operating in an active PMO structure
• Vendor management experience
• Exceptional teaming skills and ability to excel in matrix work environment where requirements can be often ambiguous
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong influencing and facilitation skills
• Ability to engage with teams across diverse functions and locations
• Must be a team player who is open to feedback, works well with others and can bring teams to consensus
• Excellent working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, and visual tools
• PMP certification
• SCRUM Master certification
• Media industry experience
• Change management and organizational change management experience
• Workfront (formerly AtTask) experience or another leading PPM application
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.