A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/23/2021 11:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Accountant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Accountant? Production Accountant (Temporary)
THE ROLE: Production Accountant (Temporary)
The Production Accountant will be responsible for accurate financial tracking and accounting of Six West and Category Six Media unscripted productions and development projects. This role will have an emphasis on invoice management, purchase cards, payroll, cost reporting and general ledger activity, and will have a direct line of reporting to corporate finance and accounting.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Manage accounts payable, payroll and cost reports for series in production and development projects
• Assist with P-CARD creation, account management and reconciliations for programs in production
• Act as key financial liaison for various internal and external clients
• Maintain general ledgers for multiple long-form productions and prepare general ledger entries for posting
• Assist with balance sheet clean ups and adjustments in conjunction with corporate accounting and finance
• Track Purchase Orders
• Perform bank reconciliations
• Assist with closing out of completed programs
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 2-8 Years of Production Accounting Experience
• Experience with fast-paced production environment
• Experience with accounts payable, payroll and standard production labor partners (i.e. Entertainment Partners)
• Experience with Smart Start, Smart Accounting and Global Vista
• Ability to manage multiple cost reports simultaneously, including ability to explain variances to production team and line producers
• Excellent general ledger management and reconciliation skills
• Can work well in a group of other accountants
• Excellent communication skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.