Product Strategy and Operations Sr. Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
If you watch our A E Networks brands, A&E, History and Lifetime among others, then you have seen the work of the Distribution team. Our networks would not air and be watched by millions of people without the expertise of the Distribution department. We are the team that negotiates and partners with Distributors to deliver our networks to their consumers and ultimately our viewers. We're also quick on our feet. As technology changes rapidly within the media landscape, impacting viewer behavior and traditional models, we pivot to deliver new solutions that extend our content, brand and reach through Video On Demand, TV Everywhere and mobile. While much of our work takes place behind the scenes, our results are out there for all to see.
THE ROLE: Product Strategy and Operations Sr. Manager, Distribution
The Product Strategy and Operations Sr. Manager, Distribution is a strong leader who is skilled in communication, organization and innovative thinking. You will be responsible for managing timelines and operational logistics needed for the successful launch of new partners within growing areas of the Distribution and Global Content Licensing teams. Additionally, you will be involved in the ideation and implementation of operation workflow enhancements focused on optimizing partner revenue.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Support Sr. Director in the daily operations of FAST channels implementation including content fulfillment, channel timelines, EPG marketing, and promotional support.
• Support Sr. Director in the daily management and strategic review of quality control providers and other 3rd party vendors relationships for the fulfillment of materials required for launch/on-going efforts supporting emerging products.
• Strategize and develop innovative distribution workflow efficiencies with a focus on optimizing revenue opportunities for emerging products under the direction of the Sr. Director, Distribution Business Development.
• Communicate tech requirements, project timelines and development progress to internal and external stakeholders around workflow enhancements.
• Create presentation materials to communicate to both internal/external audiences on new product workflow efficiencies/enhancements.
• Spearhead partner platform reviews and provide recommendations focused on content availability, branding and menu placements.
• Compile in depth platform menu competitive analysis across emerging product areas.
• Collaborate with Global Content Sales, Distribution Marketing and production/fulfillment teams on developing processes for artwork creation and managing fulfillment across DTC, FAST, AVOD and emerging product areas.
• Partner with 3rd party metadata vendors (ex Gracenote/TiVo) to enhance metadata to optimize search opportunities and the curation of A+E content across partners' platforms.
• Spearhead process improvements for operations of Direct-To-Consumer products to 3rd party distribution partners.
• Supervise team on daily operations responsibilities for emerging product areas.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• The candidate will have a four-year college degree
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ThePlatform and PPL are strongly preferred
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects, working under tight deadlines and pressure.