Producer, Lifetime Original Shortform
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer, Lifetime Original Shortform (Temporary)
THE ROLE: Producer, Lifetime Original Shortform (Temporary)
This role, based in NYC, is responsible for the production of original shortform video to support Lifetime network priorities.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Producer, Lifetime Original Shortform (Temporary):
The ideal candidate is a true fan of Lifetime series and movies.
This role will become deeply familiar with Lifetime's upcoming slate as well as existing archive. As an experienced, in-house producer they will lead the production of any network-related multi-platform shortform projects created for various purposes:
• for scheduling, marketing, or promotion.
• for YouTube and other platforms
• for special projects
They must be business savvy:
• Identify cost efficient production opportunities and strategies
• Know how to calibrate time/resources appropriate to each project
This person is an intra-team builder and ambassador. Expected to:
• Attend network vision meetings
• Build and maintain great relationships w/programming, scheduling, marketing, etc.
• Partner with individual programmers on projects that extend key shows.
• Be aware of special network initiatives and quarterly priorities, and come up with original ideas to support them.
• Work with outside producers as needed
They are expected to be a self-sufficient, experienced producer with good creative judgement:
• Know if something is on or off Lifetime brand; i.e partisan or sensitive
• Know if something supports the network business or does not; i.e. developing ideas that align with network show priorities as outlined by network stakeholders and VP.
• Be self-managing and accountable in terms of deliverables
• Be accountable for deadlines and budgets.
• Be accountable for project or freelance staff (i.e. editors, researchers, crew)
They should be entrepreneurial. When not executing, they should be brainstorming ways with the team to extend and monetize network content:
• Initiate and produce pieces that help expand monetization
• Keep up to date with digital trends in general and competitor networks' digital executions and strategies
• As a lead in-house producer, they'll be expected to chip in with any other projects that inevitably come up across their brand and others.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
This role with A+E's internal short-from production team offers a great opportunity to gain exposure to the business of network video production. Learn about emerging digital platforms and linear strategies while working with multiple departments across the Lifetime brand.
• BA/BS Degree
• 5-7 years experience as an AP or Producer on digital or linear projects.
• Experience both field and post producing.
• Strong scripting/story skills. Story producing credits a plus.
• Experience working with talent
• Familiarity with Premiere and Adobe Suite
• Ability to edit stringouts of projects
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Knowledge or experience in spreadsheet and database applications like AirTable and Excel
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently, and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Strong oral and written communication skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.