Preditor, History Video Monetization
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Preditor, HISTORY Video Monetization
Do you fancy yourself a HISTORY channel buff? Can you quote the Pawn Stars, wish you could hang with the Mountain Men, and remember the Men Who Built America? Can you produce and edit online videos? The HISTORY Video Monetization Preditor will work with a strategy partner to develop revenue driven video content to live across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, IGTV.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Preditor, HISTORY Video Monetization Job Description:
• AVOD revenue driven content creation for YouTube, Daily Motion, Facebook Watch, Twitter, and Snapchat
• Partner with HISTORY Content Strategist to use data to strategically greenlight content (scene lifts/mash-ups/compilations) to maximize revenue and support linear priorities
• Ensure appropriate and strategic use of META data for all content
• Manage uploading of content to platforms
• Manage additional editors
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to unlock the entire HISTORY library to create interactive and engaging digital videos. You'll work with a strategy partner toward a revenue goal and prove that online videos can make money.
• Experience working with digital video at the brand/publishing level
• Basic understanding of analytics with a successful track record of using data to make content decisions
• Understanding of entertainment content consumption on social and digital platforms
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Must be able to prioritize, handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines.
• Self-motivated, extremely detail oriented and independent worker with strong track record of cross functional collaboration
• Excellent social media and digital literacy, particularly online video and video production
• Deep knowledge of HISTORY brand and content
• Passion for pop culture and television
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.