Post Scheduling Coordinator
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Post Scheduling Coordinator Temp
THE ROLE: Post Scheduling Coordinator, Content Scheduling (Temp)
The Post Scheduling Coordinator assists in the logistical oversight of Post Production Mastering and Content Creation processes, facilitating the smooth operation and successfully executing workflows surrounding all the facets of a required production. They will act as direct liaison between Post Scheduling and Post Production. The Post Scheduling Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Content Scheduling and provides support in the areas of content scheduling, media ingest, and Stamford Post supervised/unsupervised edit sessions. A key responsibility of the Coordinator is to ensure the numerous A+E brands remain on schedule while working efficiently toward completion of linear and non-linear distribution media assets. The candidate is expected to handle minor emergencies with grace and to quickly deliver creative solutions to complicated problems.
Special projects will be coordinated on an as needed basis by the Manager of Content Scheduling. This role demands a highly organized individual that is diligent, and able to see the big picture while maintaining a solid grasp of the smaller details.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Create, maintain, and update the Content Services & Operations' post production plans.
• Assist in managing the operations list which includes; building, tracking, and actualizing pertinent production information.
• Work collaboratively with Post Scheduling team to coordinate and fulfill all edit support requests.
• Purge media in support of A+E ventures.
• Fulfill and track ingest requests for internal recipients and ensure media is readily available for edit.
• Provide support and a presence to Post Production team after standard business hours.
• Act as a liaison between Post Production and Broadcast Partner to support the scheduling needs of the client.
• Provide clients with the most updated information regarding the status of media.
• Track A+E resources in support of scheduling technical evaluation of media.
• Coordinate swing shift with Post Scheduling team for full AM and PM coverage.
• Coordinate and schedule courier shipments. Deliver and maintain the staging of assets shipped from our facilities for distribution to respective recipients.
• Provide any backup administrative functions for the Post Scheduling team.
• Manage and distribute any on-site media stock.
• Support LTO Tape export and import.
• Monitor and input edit session reporting closures.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the duplication processes.
• Maintain a working knowledge of file and or tape-based formats.
• Late Evenings and weekends availability crucial to future coverage.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of all facets of Post Production. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door. Collaborate with Post Production, QC, Program Scheduling, to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we push the technological advances in Scheduling Resources and Content together.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
• Must have a minimum 3 years related industry experience.
• Experience with production workflow and scheduling tools desired.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Detail-oriented to support multiple internal teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Outlook required.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!