Post Production Technician
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2023 7:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Production Technician jobs in New York-NY
Search all Post Production Technician postings
Full Time Job
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Division StoryProduction Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
THE ROLE: Post Production Technician
The Post Production Technician will work collaboratively to provide technical support for A+E internal production teams. The role is responsible for maintaining the media supply chain from receipt of assets to final delivery to broadcast and digital channels. Support will include pre-shoot / shoot advisement and support as it impacts media and assets for the post production process. The Post Production Technician reports directly to the Senior Technician Post Production.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Initial ingest of media to the A+E Production Operations ecosystem (file transfers and hard drive deliveries), including virus scan, registration and archiving of new source assets
• Media trafficking to/from managed services and external vendors when required
• Hard drive recycling and assistance with media archiving
• Tech calls, pre-shoot advisement on production tech specs as impactful to ingest and post
• Troubleshoot media and tech issues, and provide hotline support
• Collaborate with our Engineering team on solutions related to file movement to and from the edit environment
• Communicate resolutions and best practices across the department
• Assist with Remote user set-up
• Final asset delivery / distribution / trafficking
MORE ABOUT YOU:
• 1-2 years of experience in post production technical support, including offline/online procedures and best practices. Experience as an Assistant Editor or Media Manager is a plus.
• Knowledge of camera RAW codec and folder structures
• Comprehensive knowledge of Post Production workflows, software and systems including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer, Interplay, Blackbird.
• Experience in remote workflows and technologies to enable remote post production: HP-RGS, Avid Edit on Demand, Teradici
• Experience with file transfer and cloud solutions: Aspera, Signiant, Media Silo, Frame.io, FTP
• Comfortable with encode/transcode solutions including Media Encoder, Teranex, Telestream Vantage and Alchemist for HD and SD media.
• Knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365, Google G-Suite apps, Shift, Mac OSX. Airtable experience a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You'll help us build, test and implement transformational technology solutions supporting core areas of our business. You'll have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content through our media supply chain and out in front of the eyes of the world. And, you'll collaborate with operational teams throughout our technical facilities as well as departments and stakeholders from across the company.
• You understand and enjoy the operational and logistical aspects of the post production process, and can help implement new technical requirements and workflows.
• You're able to balance multiple projects and can prioritize and manage your workload effectively.
• When problems arise, you can raise them up in concise, actionable terms that facilitate rapid solutions.
• You have a desire to proactively gain technical and institutional knowledge
• You're able to work independently and efficiently, and know when to ask for help.
CompensationHourly Pay Range: $25.43 - $32.00Annual Incentive Target: 5%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.