Post Production Technician
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/19/2021 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Post Production Technician jobs in New York-NY
Search all Post Production Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Post Production Technician? Post Production Technician (Temporary)
THE DIVISION'S STORY
A+E's Global Technology and Media Operations (GTMO) Division comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.
THE ROLE: Post Production Technician (Temporary)
The Post Production Technician will work collaboratively with internal department members to provide technical support for A+E internal production teams, Six West and Category Six. Support will be focused on long-form post production, with additional responsibilities of pre-shoot / shoot advisement and support as it impacts media and assets for the post production process. The role is responsible for maintaining the media supply chain from receipt of assets to final delivery to broadcast and digital channels. The Post Production Technician reports directly to the Senior Director of Post Production Operations, executing and communicating all procedures, processes, workflows and directives set forth.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Support internal production teams, on tech calls for shoots, pre-pro calls, post production support, ingest, asset archive, delivery, workflow development and troubleshooting.
• Serve as a liaison to external vendors handling ingest of shoot media to cloud services.
• Support remote content production environments working with off-site team members ensuring connectivity, and continuity of the operations.
• Onboard and provide technical support to long-form Editors and Assistant Editors working on site and remotely.
• Assist in managing internal storage allocations on Avid ISIS/NEXIS, and nearline storage.
• Support and administer all media assets, metadata, folders, rules, and access across post production storage and systems both on-site and in the cloud.
• Work with Technical Operations and Strategy Teams on creating workflows and rules for media management, storage, and access.
• Assist in ensuring best practices in workflows and educate clients regarding new and existing procedures from a media management perspective.
• Support Vantage workflows for camera Ingest, automated QC and file delivery.
• Assist Senior Director of Post Production with assignments, overflow and testing; included but not limited to internal training, troubleshooting, technical document creation and communication with external vendors.
• Work in Airtable with Client Services to advise and provide insight for best ways to complete assigned tasks.
• Assist in administering and maintaining SaaS and cloud based solutions in the post environment.
• Assisting the ProdOps Archivist in the preparation of RAW media and sub-masters for backup and archiving.
• Liaise with clients to determine which media and projects are complete and can be archived and deleted from active production servers.
• Maintaining various systems trackers for resources, projects and assignments.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in post production technical support
• Long form, episodic and offline/online experience is preferred
• Broadcast or cable television network experience is preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of Post Production workflows and processes
• Knowledge of Post Production software and systems including, but not limited to:
• Avid Media Composer, Avid Storage, Interplay, Vantage, Adobe Creative Suite, Blackbird,
• Experience in remote workflows and technologies to enable remote post production: HP-RGS, Avid Edit on Demand, Teradici,
• In-field production experience as an Asst Editor or Media Manager is a plus
• Experience with file transfer and cloud solutions: Aspera, Signiant, Media Silo, Frame.io, FTP,
• Knowledge of: Airtable, Office 365, MS Teams, Google G-Suite apps, Shift, Windows, Mac OSX
• A ''can do'' attitude with an understanding that culture and collaboration are above all else. A relentless passion for the process of creating content with a curiosity for leaning and trying new things.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.