A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Podcast Producer, A&E (3PPW)
The Role: Podcast Producer, A&E- 3PPW
Seeking an experienced audio producer to oversee production of Season 1 of a new podcast (title TBD) for A&E about the ''Blackeffect'' – the ways in which Blackness informs, empowers and fortifies Black people in different ways. The podcast is hosted by two women from A+E Networks who will explore this theme through conversation with prominent members of the entertainment world and beyond. Season 1 will encompass 15 episodes, launching in February 2021 and releasing weekly.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:Responsibilities include:
• Booking 1-2 guests for each episode
• Working with internal A+E producers/hosts/researcher to pre-produce the episodes (writing questions, honing in on themes, mapping out the conversation)
• Sitting in on recording sessions to direct conversation as needed
• Working with A+E producers/hosts/editor to post-produce the episode. Proficiency in audio editing software (ProTools or Audition) is a plus.
• Coordinating/Collaborating with network senior teams throughout the process for regular check-ins, reviews and approvals
• Managing production and delivery timelines
• Working with A+E's post production team to deliver all assets to archive
YOUR STORY [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have):
• 3+ years producing podcasts or radio
• Casting/talent booking experience
• Proficiency in audio editing software (ProTools or Audition)
• Passion for exploring Black identity and Black culture
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on deadline
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.