Pm Live Show Designer / Animator
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
PM Live Show Designer/Animator Temp- (NY Office) Shift Hours 1:30 pm -10:00 pm
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
THE ROLE: PM Live Show Designer/Animator Temp- (NY Office) Shift Hours 1:30 pm -10:00 pm
A+E Production Operations is looking for a 2D Motion Designer/Animator to join our growing Live Show production team. Candidate will be responsible for generating graphic elements for 3 Live Shows weekly, working under Graphics Technical Supervisor and PM Graphics Producer, in conjunction with Supervisor of Live & Studio Production, Engineering Team, Show Runner, Technical Director and Control Room Editor
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Will be responsible for all assets needed for Shows, including: Show Opens and Bumps, Caps, Monitor Loops, Full Screens, Maps, Location Specific Transitions, Bugs, Insert package gfx, Weekly Segment Templates and various element versioning.
• You must be comfortable working under tight deadlines, while being extremely organized with project files and naming conventions.
• You will need to manage deliveries to various internal and external workspaces and groups.
• Looking for a creative who will take ownership of incoming Requests, Deliveries and have a productive and positive attitude with clients and fellow design and production team members.
SHIFT HOURS: 1:30pm – 10pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime after 40 hours at Time and a Half.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
Must have minimum of 3 years' experience in Broadcast Design, and demonstrated command of the following skill set:
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator. Cinema 4D a plus.
• Familiarity or strong interest in Studio and Live Show Graphics Production and Operations.
• Adept at Broadcast Design, branding, on-air conventions and post-production process.
• Technically knowledgeable and savvy in a broadcast and digital environment.
• Constant development of technical skills and exploration of new creative techniques.
• Able to communicate creative ideas within a collaborative environment.
• Basic familiarity with Chyron & Switcher a plus.
• Comfortable working with audio in After Effects a plus.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.