A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2021 5:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Php Developer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Php Developer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Php Developer? ''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
THE ROLE: PHP Developer
The PHP Developer is a key member of our talented, experienced Development organization. S/he is responsible for software development and design activities required to create and maintain several business-critical, revenue-generating content distribution-related services. This includes comprehensive metadata services and video-support applications for the Content Services team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for building and maintaining applications that process metadata for our AVOD and SVOD applications and third-party distribution channels – rapidly growing revenue opportunities for A+E
• Work closely with application developers, web developers and other consumers to fulfill data requirements and inform on optimal use of data and tools. Perform updates in the Video Asset Management (VAM) platform.
• Evaluate new technologies and workflow changes, finding opportunities to improve performance, ease-of-use or efficiency.
• Identify and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to management and colleagues.
• Write technical documentation for all architecture and applications.
• Implement and integrate third-party libraries and APIs
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop critical systems and workflows involved in powering our websites - A+E, History, Lifetime and fyi, - and nearly all of our enterprise-wide video applications across a diverse platform set such as iOS, Roku, Android and Chromecast. Opportunities to innovate are waiting for the hands-on, self-starter who brings talent and experience to this major media company working alongside a team of developers, a Tech lead and a SCRUM master/Project lead.
• College Degree Preferred
• Hands-on experience with relational and No-SQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
• Familiarity with WordPress and/or other CMS platforms
• Unit or Functional testing experience
• Proven experience building applications on Cloud hosting services like Amazon Web Services
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, deadline and client-driven environment
• Comfortable approaching new technologies and workflows.
• Excellent client services skills. Strong collaboration and influence skills, positive approach to problems, ability to stay calm under pressure and a strong relationship builder
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with distribution partners and management across all levels of the organization
• Strong working knowledge of metadata, XML transformation, media, asset movement, storage, sequencing and naming conventions
• Flexible and adaptable with an appetite for implementing positive change, keen problem-solving abilities. Self-starter who proactively identifies and structures opportunities and projects This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.